ACER ASPIRE ONE 721 / SAVE FILES / CANT BOOT ANYMORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiSol

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
Hi there,

I have a acer aspire one 721, AMD Athlon 2 Neo Processor K125 (1.7 GHz), 2GB DDR3 Memory, netbook, without cd drive WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM, so i created a ubcs usb stick which is working. Because im not really a pro with using this kind of instruments, i have to ask what to do to get it run again.

First of all the most important for me is NOT TO LOSE ANY FILES, i'm travelling around asia since 4 months and have around 6000 pictures on this netbook, which i dont want to lose! So i first want to SAVE MY DATA! As i see there are some kind of CLONE apps on the UBCD V503, but im new to this kind of stuff so which one should i use and i think i need a external hd to clone it to via usb?!

So please help me to save my data.. and after i did that i will try to fix my netbook to be able to boot again..

the BOOT ERROR MESSAGE which appears is the same as other user told about its. the boot priority order which was set when the error came first is:

1: IDE 0:
2: Network Boot: Atheros Boot Agent
3: USB HDD:
4: USB FDD:
5: USB KEY:
6: USB CD/DVD:

And the follwing error appears:

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 083)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v.2.0.1.7(11/23/09)

Check cable connection!
PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel PXE ROM.
Operating System not found

Which is strange to my because why should it boot by Network? And why this Intel stuff when it is a AMD Athlon...?

Anyway FIRST PRIORITY IS TO SAVE MY DATA and then FIX THE BOOTING AND WINDOWS!

THANKS FOR HELPING!!!!
Dany

Solution
If that lab can not access your data, that doesn't mean NOBODY can access it. You could choose another data retrieving company (they can get data from physically damaged HDDs) or even the HDD's manufacturer, toshiba. There is a way, all HDDs function the same. Don't give it up.
You will need access to another system, a HDD dock (that allows you to mount the HDD as an external USB device; alternatively you could use an external enclosure, but it's more complicated to install the HDD in it) and a screwdriver...
Take out the HDD from the laptop, insert it in the dock and mount it on the other PC. You shoud be able to access it like an external HDD and transfer the files that you need to save.
Then, proceed to fix your boot problem.

RiSol

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
no chance, i can't go to data... the hdd is dead, by software i can't get access to it.. i sent it to the lab, they can't fix it because it's a toshiba hdd.. they say i have no chance to get back my data.. 6000 pics from my 4 month travell around pacific australia and south asia are gone :( the netbook was 1/2 year old.. THIS SUCKS! :(

If that lab can not access your data, that doesn't mean NOBODY can access it. You could choose another data retrieving company (they can get data from physically damaged HDDs) or even the HDD's manufacturer, toshiba. There is a way, all HDDs function the same. Don't give it up.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.