2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14 -15.6
3. What screen resolution do you want? 720p would be nice
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? no
5. How much battery life do you need? more battery life would be a real benefit. I work full time and go to school full time so there will be a lot of doing school work at weird times in weird places.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
TF2, the new duke nukem game, Star wars the old republic when it comes out
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photo editing, some minor video editing of the videos I take with my flip. Lots of business software will be on it.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500g
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
I get decent employee discounts through dell/lenovo. Also been reading up on xoticpc some.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2-3 years minimum
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Blueray would be nice but is definately not a requirement. Do need to beable to read/write dvd's
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I've had bad luck HP's. I need something that is made solid. I'm not gentle on things. I don't need a toughbook or anything but something made out of quality parts with an above average durability.
13. What country do you live in? United States
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I'm required to buy the most up to date windows OS from my school plus Microsoft Office and many other programs so program bundles are of no use to me.
4gigs of ram
320g hard drive
I'd prefer 6 gigs of ram and a very good wireless internet card.