Sign in with
Your question

BOOTMGT IS MISSING

Last response: in Windows 7
February 7, 2013 3:05:36 PM

Hello,

I build my own computer, following the guides and the information I found online. When I finish putting all the parts together, I went to install Windows 7 to the computer. All started well, asking me for the language, time, keyboard information. I went to the next screen where it was giving me the option of where to store windows. So I selected my hard drive and then it started copying files. When it hit "Copying the files". It stood on 0% for a while, giving me the error code: 0x80070017. So I reset the computer and went thru the process again, ang gave me the same results. At some point when I reset the computer, then the BOOTMGR is MISSING screens appeared, and to press CTL, ALT & DEL to restart. And it's seems I can't get past that.

I attempt to re-write the DVD at 4x speed, since that DVD was handed to me by a friend and I really don't know anything about the DVD. Nero started copying the DVD, and at few percentage into copying the DVD, it pop up a message like it cannot read it. Is it possible that the BOOTMGR is MISSING screen appeared because of a faulty DVD? I did update the BIOS of the motherboard... I have been reading over a few information about this BOOTMGR screen over the Internet, but I just can't seem to figure out what's going on in particular with my custom built computer. I ordered a Windows 8 copy and I am waiting to arrive, but I am not even sure if this will fix the problem. Honestly I don't know anything about computer or verbiage used, I just did a good research on how to build a computer and I have learn quite a good amount of information doing this.

Thank you for any help!

More about : bootmgt missing

a b $ Windows 7
February 7, 2013 3:25:42 PM

unplug all hard drives except the one you are installing to. after install, plug the other hard drives back in and make sure the one you installed to is listed as the first boot device in your bios.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 7, 2013 3:44:10 PM

Is this a "bought dvd" of Windows os or a burned copy?
Sometimes this is the problem...
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 7, 2013 5:06:52 PM

this from the poster ( I attempt to re-write the DVD at 4x speed, since that DVD was handed to me by a friend and I really don't know anything about the DVD. )i It seams to me that is a copy and maybe he is not having the license number except the on is friend use. Not shure if we should still help ? let see if a mod could look at this post .
m
l
!