D&D Mini's rules question: multiple attacks

Last response: in Video Games
April 26, 2005 2:29:11 AM

In the D&D Miniatures Rules, imagine a creature has multiple attacks
but does not have "Cleave". Two opponents are within reach. If my
creature kills the first opponent with an attack, may my creature
attack the other opponent in the same round, using any remaining
attacks?

For instance, a fomorian giant strikes a goblin adept dead on the
first attack. Can the formorian giant then use his remaining attack
to strike at the goblin warrior within reach?

Does it make a difference if the two targets are flanking the
fomorian giant?

Somehow I keep missing this rule in the Miniatures Handbook
(I could not find it on page 90 or 91 for instance) and I could not
find it in the pamphlets either.

NarniaFan
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 8:58:18 AM

narniafan@earthlink.net wrote:
> In the D&D Miniatures Rules, imagine a creature has multiple attacks
> but does not have "Cleave". Two opponents are within reach. If my
> creature kills the first opponent with an attack, may my creature
> attack the other opponent in the same round, using any remaining
> attacks?
>
> For instance, a fomorian giant strikes a goblin adept dead on the
> first attack. Can the formorian giant then use his remaining attack
> to strike at the goblin warrior within reach?
>
> Does it make a difference if the two targets are flanking the
> fomorian giant?
>
> Somehow I keep missing this rule in the Miniatures Handbook
> (I could not find it on page 90 or 91 for instance) and I could not
> find it in the pamphlets either.

The rules for multiple attacks do not change for minis, relly. You can
attack any target that you threaten with any of your attacks. The only
thing you may not do is move and then use your itterant attacks.

The other thing you should not do is put the formorian giant in an
army. Yeesh.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 6:08:58 PM

narniafan@earthlink.net wrote:
> In the D&D Miniatures Rules, imagine a creature has multiple attacks
> but does not have "Cleave". Two opponents are within reach. If my
> creature kills the first opponent with an attack, may my creature
> attack the other opponent in the same round, using any remaining
> attacks?
>
> For instance, a fomorian giant strikes a goblin adept dead on the
> first attack. Can the formorian giant then use his remaining attack
> to strike at the goblin warrior within reach?
>
> Does it make a difference if the two targets are flanking the
> fomorian giant?
>
> Somehow I keep missing this rule in the Miniatures Handbook
> (I could not find it on page 90 or 91 for instance) and I could not
> find it in the pamphlets either.

From the rules pamphlet:

"You can wait to see the result of the first attack, then make the next
attack against a different creature if you wish." (p. 17, "Multiple
Attacks")

The same text is found in the Miniatures Handbook, p. 93, under "Full
Attack."

-Will
April 26, 2005 8:36:31 PM

Anivair wrote:
> narniafan@earthlink.net wrote:
>
>>In the D&D Miniatures Rules, imagine a creature has multiple attacks
>>but does not have "Cleave". Two opponents are within reach. If my
>>creature kills the first opponent with an attack, may my creature
>>attack the other opponent in the same round, using any remaining
>>attacks?
>>
>>For instance, a fomorian giant strikes a goblin adept dead on the
>>first attack. Can the formorian giant then use his remaining attack
>>to strike at the goblin warrior within reach?
>>
>>Does it make a difference if the two targets are flanking the
>>fomorian giant?
>>
>>Somehow I keep missing this rule in the Miniatures Handbook
>>(I could not find it on page 90 or 91 for instance) and I could not
>>find it in the pamphlets either.
>

> The rules for multiple attacks do not change for minis, relly. You can
> attack any target that you threaten with any of your attacks. The only
> thing you may not do is move and then use your itterant attacks.

Can you make one attack, then take a 5-foot step, then make another?

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 12:59:24 AM

Werebat wrote:

> Can you make one attack, then take a 5-foot step, then make another?

Ahh, the rules for five foot steps, however . . .

. . . and stop baiting me. I don't eat your troll food.

Unless it's got barbecue sauce. I love barbecue sauce.
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 3:53:16 AM

Anivair wrote:
> Werebat wrote:
>

>>Can you make one attack, then take a 5-foot step, then make another?
>

> Ahh, the rules for five foot steps, however . . .
>
> . . . and stop baiting me. I don't eat your troll food.
>
> Unless it's got barbecue sauce. I love barbecue sauce.

What about ice cream? I need ice cream.

Not with the barbecue sauce.

With the yummy, tasty trolls. :-)

-Tialan