Adding Handheld Memory to Clie NX80

a b } Memory
March 27, 2005 2:44:06 PM

Is there any way to increase the amount of memory in the Sony Clie
NX80V/U? I have Zagats to Go (4.3 meg with all the Tri-State Guides),
Beyond Contacts (with a large list taking up 2.5 meg and Documents to
Go loaded in and I have 4.5 meg left.

Any ideas? I think it started with 32 meg. I have no idea where it
all went. I don't think the File Manager would show files of 27.5 meg
listed.

Allen
Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 27, 2005 9:11:21 PM

xx1xx@excite.com wrote:

> Is there any way to increase the amount of memory in the Sony Clie
> NX80V/U? I have Zagats to Go (4.3 meg with all the Tri-State Guides),
> Beyond Contacts (with a large list taking up 2.5 meg and Documents to
> Go loaded in and I have 4.5 meg left.
>
> Any ideas? I think it started with 32 meg. I have no idea where it
> all went. I don't think the File Manager would show files of 27.5 meg
> listed.

Get a Memory Stick (they come as large as 4 gig) and move as much as you can
to the Memory Stick.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:11:21 -0500, "J. Clarke"
<jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> wrote:

>xx1xx@excite.com wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to increase the amount of memory in the Sony Clie
>> NX80V/U? I have Zagats to Go (4.3 meg with all the Tri-State Guides),
>> Beyond Contacts (with a large list taking up 2.5 meg and Documents to
>> Go loaded in and I have 4.5 meg left.
>>
>> Any ideas? I think it started with 32 meg. I have no idea where it
>> all went. I don't think the File Manager would show files of 27.5 meg
>> listed.
>
>Get a Memory Stick (they come as large as 4 gig) and move as much as you can
>to the Memory Stick.
>
>> Allen
>
>--
>--John
>to email, dial "usenet" and validate
>(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Thanks John,

However, ss that a no you cannot add memory?

I already have a 256 meg MS but the problem is, too many programs do
got there, like Zagats, Beyond Contacts and although Doc to Go
transfers, some files need to stay on the Handheld Part.
a b } Memory
March 28, 2005 4:33:27 AM

xx1xx@excite.com wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 17:11:21 -0500, "J. Clarke"
> <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> wrote:
>
>>xx1xx@excite.com wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any way to increase the amount of memory in the Sony Clie
>>> NX80V/U? I have Zagats to Go (4.3 meg with all the Tri-State Guides),
>>> Beyond Contacts (with a large list taking up 2.5 meg and Documents to
>>> Go loaded in and I have 4.5 meg left.
>>>
>>> Any ideas? I think it started with 32 meg. I have no idea where it
>>> all went. I don't think the File Manager would show files of 27.5 meg
>>> listed.
>>
>>Get a Memory Stick (they come as large as 4 gig) and move as much as you
>>can to the Memory Stick.
>>
>>> Allen
>>
>>--
>>--John
>>to email, dial "usenet" and validate
>>(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
>
> Thanks John,
>
> However, ss that a no you cannot add memory?
>
> I already have a 256 meg MS but the problem is, too many programs do
> got there, like Zagats, Beyond Contacts and although Doc to Go
> transfers, some files need to stay on the Handheld Part.

The only way you can add memory to a Clie is to put in a Memory stick, or
with some models, including the NX-70, a CF card (requires a third party
driver).

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 28, 2005 2:38:54 PM

In article <dukd415kndksj1nihblgtm19t25k0c2pe0@4ax.com>, xx1xx@excite.com
wrote:
> Is there any way to increase the amount of memory in the Sony Clie
> NX80V/U?

Maybe, but it's not for the faint of heart. You would need to open
it up, find the memory chips, extend or replace them, and probably
muck with some resistors or something. People have done it with
other models:

http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/Palm8M/upgradeservice...

But you'll need to be able to identify and purchase the chips,
and be handly with a soldering iron. It's a lot easier and safer
to use a Memory Stick and run programs and such from there.

--
Sincerely,

Ray Ingles (313) 227-2317

In October 1965, the Selective Service announced that married men
without children could then be drafted. Exactly nine months and
two days later... [Dick Cheney's] first child was born.
http://dir.salon.com/politics/feature/2000/08/01/draft/...
!