AMD=performance <-> Intel=stability

G

The german Site of THG mentioned this statement in the Review of the AthlonXP 1900+.
"AMD stands for performance and Intel for stability... The user has to choose what he preferres..." (taken and translated from the german articel)
So what do you say about the translation of this articel?
I thought Thomas Pabst was (is) a german ?!?
So what the [-peep-] is going on there?

What do you say?
I red the article on your site and couldn`t find such statement... Am I wrong?

__..--TilT--..__
--..__KreW__..--

G

I'm shocked ! Here is the german quote:

" Damit liegt es letztendlich am mündigen Käufer die richtige Entscheidung zu treffen: Maximale Performance oder Stabilität."

this is my translation:

"Therefore the final decission is up to the educated consumer to make the right decission: maximum performance or stability"

?? come again ?? That claim is not backed by anything in that article ! this is pure FUD. So much for Toms objectivity.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

reptilej

Distinguished
May 3, 2001
" Damit liegt es letztendlich am mündigen Käufer die richtige Entscheidung zu treffen: Maximale Performance oder Stabilität."

this is my translation

"amd is like a porche with no brakes, runs fast but can control it and will burn you out. intel is like a corvette, maybe not as zippy as amd but it starts and goes pretty damn fast. and furthermore since i am speaking german, and no english speaking americans can hear me, i would like to say once and forall that i enjoy american cars over german bult ones"

that's waht my 0 years of german class has allowed to me to interpret that quote to say.

repeat after me, we are all individuals!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
instability??? what instability???
only instability i experience is excessive overclocking, win2k driver issues and the odd buggy program.

<--- running overclocked 1200C @ 1350@150 for as long as i want at 100% load.
uses win2k hibernate mode, havnt rebooted for almost 3 weeks.

OEMs selling "High End"PCs with integrated video will be forced into Q3tournaments using a TNT2M64!

G

This thing is quite hard for AMD`s position in germany...

First there was this fake video where THG burned AMD CPU`s while knowing that the mobo has no thermal protection function... and now... THIS [-peep-] comment of Mr.Völkel :(

Could that be on an "independent" hardware test site? NO
On an intel related Site? YES

Therefore: I am waiting for an official excuse for that comment in the german article!!!

__..--TilT--..__
--..__KreW__..--

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
you know that saying,sorry it's not the same when you can't see me swiveling my head and snapping my fingers while doing it.

well if luck is a lady, it explains why i have no luck :frown:

G

I don`t wanted you to say sorry ;)
I am forcing that the german articel is "re- printed" !!!

SPAM LIKE YOU WANT TO SPAM =)

__..--TilT--..__
--..__KreW__..--

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hehehe ok

wish i could run my system 24/7...
best ive been able to get so far is 4days, after which i needed to install some new drivers

OEMs selling "High End"PCs with integrated video will be forced into Q3tournaments using a TNT2M64!

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
So much for Toms objectivity.
Tom rarely actualy writes the articles. Different people have different oppinions about the CPUs, because at times, performance is close, and they both have some strong points. If you have a problem with the objectivity, then talk about the actual writer.

60 FPS, 70 FPS, 80 FPS Crash!
Daylight comes and I have to go to work :frown:

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Fake?? uh, no. your in denial.

You scarafice more than stability buying AMD.

"Tilt crew" wannabe leet huh? you have the technology to locate and download warez... GG

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Well, if FUGGER will vouge for tom, thats all I need to know where toms loyalty lies. ;-).

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

G

Hey,
I didn`t post this topic to say: Tom is an unserious hardware tester...
THG GERMANY should translate us-english articles correct and must not give articles a pro-Intel "taste" if the original article is objective! (or somelike says that AMD is better in performance... nothing else;)

In the german forum of THG (I am german) all users are believing that things and believe that AMD has no stabile CPU`s. They say that that is the thing AMD has to give up competition against Intel and that Intel is great and so on...
The stability probs of CPU`s made by AMD is fixed sins the generation of 386x CPU`s <-- I know that!
This is making me sad... and angry... :|
The author (or translater) of the article is Frank Völkel and THIS POSTING is against >his manipulation of objective hardware testing< !!! NOT against Tom himself...
Tom is german and I hope he could manage this fault of the german THG! If you think that posting topics in this forum couldn`t help against this misere then I will logout and play Aquanox... (a very great underwater-shoot-`em-up) made in germany...
btw: The game performes best with an AMD Athlon XP 1900+ ;)

__..--TilT--..__
--..__KreW__..--

G

WOW! "HAMMER... herber Typ" we german`s would say!

TiLtKrEw has nothing to do with this hole IT theme.
BUT: TiLtKrEw is bitchy dope german hiphop KreW kickin your ass in every case...

So answer to the topic or spam your mother!

__..--TilT--..__
--..__KreW__..--

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
AMD has serious stability issues not including the thermal issues. drop into the motherboard section and click on a few topics, notice its AMD based machine with a problem. close your eyes and pick another, yep AMD with problem. now clock a random page, then a random link. yep its a AMD with a problem. I just checked MB section only 1 Intel question on page 1... go figure.

BTW supergreg owns you.

www.supergreg.com

Da #1, download it and enjoy. be sure to play it constantly.

G

oh man... if you are unable to setup an AMD system correctly then may god help you... or THG germany *rotfl*

or buy an Intel "quality" CPU and get the 2GHz of power beaten by 1,5 GHz intelligence...

__..--TilT--..__
--..__KreW__..--

G

check www.tiltcrew.de for bitchy dope tilt stylerz...
and even if you don`t speak german enjoy the flava of german hiphop in every way =)

__..--TilT--..__
--..__KreW__..--

G

If you can't install VIA's 4in1 drivers, how in the world can you post in this forum? And if VIA chipsets are faulty, is this AMDs fault?

I built many AMD rigs, all of them are working perfectly stable.

You don't need to be pissed off because your 450$ P4 was beaten by a 230$ Athlon XP. You have great stability, right?

Sweat dreams TROLL!!!

<font color=blue>Get a T-Bird...
Impressive CPU + House heater in one package. What do you need more?</font color=blue>

zengeos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2001
AMD CPUs are not unstabvle. Some Athlon motherboards, just as some P3/Celeron/P4 motherboards are not as stable as others. Some are very stable. That is the ault of the motherboard manufacturers/chipsets, NOT the CPU.

So don't confuse a system stability problem with an instable CPU. In allc ases so far, any instability problems have been determined to be motherboard or chipset issues....and most of those have easy workarounds if you are willing to look for them. This goes for both Intel and AMD platforms.

Mark-

When all else fails, throw your computer out the window!!!

FUGGER

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Beaten by what?? none of you girls have a system that even come close to outperforming me.

BTW I didnt pay $450 for my CPU and im not pissed, quite happy actually with my $230 CPU. ooh I paid too much huh for a CPU that overclocks to 2.25Ghz?

AMD has elected to put chipset manufacturing and QA off onto 3rd party. its AMD's fault for not setting better guidelines for products. so yes its AMD's fault.

I doubt you can even build a rig, your pretty damn clueless.

You can deny stability problems all you want. too many sources state otehrwise (including THG).

G

Well he does have a point AMD has discontinued all of their chipset manufacturing so in theory if they cant get a hold of these shabby motherboard manufactures and tell them how the shits supposed to be then it is there fault. Need a good chipset to run a good CPU that’s why I am a 440 man till my Tully comes in.

-Spuddy

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol:

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Correct. It's the translator/Origional writer.

Here's a question, was the article origionaly written in German or English? That might clue you in more about where the hardware people were leaning towards. If it was in german first, then the translator might have toned it down a bit. If it was written in english, the translator might have had something against AMD.

Ultimately, the proof that I find that AMD is stable is not in what a reviewer says, but in what I find, and other real people find. My old PII system was moderately stable. My father's PIII System was moderately stable. My last Athlon(750 Slot A) was moderately stable, and my current Athlon XP system is the most stable system I've owned.

I get a lot from the reviews on Tom's Hardware. I've found that they usually have done the most background research (Some Geforce TI release reviews I read didn't have the correct clock speed. Some not only had it wrong, but told you how they assumed it was wrong. Others have shown inacurate statements in the PR basis rating.) However, they are not my only resource, nor should anyone take one resource only as fact.

Ultimately, I use the numbers to determine what I want and need. The reviewer's analysis could be bias, but numbers don't lie, especialy if several sites reproduce them.

60 FPS, 70 FPS, 80 FPS Crash!
Daylight comes and I have to go to work :frown:

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Don't need one. Plenty of others with AthlonXP's already have. It's kind of telling that the AthlonXP claims the top spot, even at ~700MHz slower than a P4 2500GHz. :lol:

Just because you repeat that "AMDs are unstable" over and over again, doesn't make it fact. Otherwise my god box would have crashed sometime in the past several months.

Kelledin
<A HREF="http://www.linuxfromscratch.org" target="_new">LFS</A>: "You don't eat or sleep or mow the lawn; you just hack your distro all day long."