Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Ad Hocking in Win7

Last response: in Windows 7
February 8, 2013 12:45:21 AM

Hello all,

I am able to ad hoc between a laptop with Win7 Startup and a home-build with Win7 Home Premium; however, all I can get to show in the Network icon of either system is C:\Users\Default and C:\Users\Default User (no Public folders by choice).

Is this normal? I mean, shouldn't I have much more access to files and folders on each system? I sure would like to not have to transfer huge folders to one of these "Default" folders in order to access them on the other system!

So, any ideas what I need to do to gain more access to more of each system's folders, or is this not possible?

Greatly appreciate your help,

Starkman

More about : hocking win7

a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
February 8, 2013 1:34:40 AM

Don't you need to share folders? I'm pretty sure you still need to go to folders and enable them to be shared.
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
February 8, 2013 1:49:17 AM

4745454b said:
Don't you need to share folders? I'm pretty sure you still need to go to folders and enable them to be shared.

That is correct.
You do this by going to folder properties>sharing>advanced sharing and checking 'share this folder' option
Related resources
February 8, 2013 4:55:59 AM

Well, I got it working, but it's a bit more complicated than merely sharing a file.

I had to ensure that "Everyone" was added to the "Group or user names" under the Security tab of the properties of the folder. Than I had to ensure that "Everyone" had full control.

Thanks,

Starkman
m
l
February 9, 2013 3:34:51 PM

Best answer selected by Starkman.
m
l
!