Hp laptop and Hard drives failing

jmanjones

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Hello,
I recieved a HP G62 340US about a year ago. A couple months back, around christmas, the computer stopped booting. It hung at the windows 7 starting screen. I ran a test and the long dst failed. I bought a new seagate 500Gb hard drive and reinstalled windows 7 (from the recovery disks that I had to buy). My computer has been working fine since about a week ago. When I opened Firefox or wordpad, I would get a BSOD. I found out it was a problem with my fonts folder. If I try to open the fonts folder, I get another BSOD. Then today I opened Photoshop and another BSOD. When my computer restarted, It said hard drive failure is immenent, then I preformed hard drive diagnostics. SMART passed, short dst passed, and long dst failed. Last week when I preformed the test, everything passed. I am worried that my hard drive will die again soon. Could it be that the hard drive is corrupted where the font folder is?

Failure ID:QC7VBS-5LI6H6-XXD0141-61DJ03
Product ID:XH066UA#ABA
COMPUTER:
Windows 7 64 Bit Home
8 GB upgraded ram
My hdd is:
Seagate Momentus Thin ST500LT012 500GB 5400 RPM 2.5"

Should I include the dump for the bsod as well?

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
do a full virus test without network but yes your drive could be falling since it fail the long test,from the result of the virus scan you coudl see if you ask for a rma of the drive ,i dont know if they have the advance rma like wd have you could check .