Question about energy substitution

Hi to all,
in energy substitution feat description is said that you can modify the
energy designator of a spell with a chosen one. This substitution has to be
done/declered when you prepare the spell or can also be applied "on the fly"
when you cast it?

Thanx
Juza
4 answers Last reply
More about question energy substitution

    "Juza" <none> wrote in message news:426f91cc$1_3@news.bluewin.ch...
    > Hi to all,
    > in energy substitution feat description is said that you can modify
    > the
    > energy designator of a spell with a chosen one. This substitution
    > has to be
    > done/declered when you prepare the spell or can also be applied "on
    > the fly"
    > when you cast it?
    >
    > Thanx
    > Juza

    I'm not near my books but it is my understanding as a wizard, you have
    to prepare the spell
    with the feat included. I think as a sorcerer you can add "on the fly"
    If I was near my books I'd be able to
    confirm. THat is the way we currently run it in our game. When I get
    home, I'll double check.

    Decaying Atheist wrote:
    > "Juza" <none> wrote in message news:426f91cc$1_3@news.bluewin.ch...
    > > Hi to all,
    > > in energy substitution feat description is said that you can modify

    > > the
    > > energy designator of a spell with a chosen one. This substitution
    > > has to be
    > > done/declered when you prepare the spell or can also be applied "on

    > > the fly"
    > > when you cast it?
    > >
    > > Thanx
    > > Juza
    >
    > I'm not near my books but it is my understanding as a wizard, you
    have
    > to prepare the spell
    > with the feat included. I think as a sorcerer you can add "on the
    fly"
    > If I was near my books I'd be able to
    > confirm. THat is the way we currently run it in our game. When I get
    > home, I'll double check.

    With the cost of a full round action for metamagic on a sorcerer of
    course.

    - Justisaur

    "Justisaur" <justisaur@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > Decaying Atheist wrote:
    >> "Juza" <none> wrote in message news:426f91cc$1_3@news.bluewin.ch...
    >> > Hi to all,
    >> > in energy substitution feat description is said that you can
    >> > modify
    >
    >> > the
    >> > energy designator of a spell with a chosen one. This substitution
    >> > has to be
    >> > done/declered when you prepare the spell or can also be applied
    >> > "on
    >
    >> > the fly"
    >> > when you cast it?
    >> >
    >> > Thanx
    >> > Juza
    >>
    >> I'm not near my books but it is my understanding as a wizard, you
    > have
    >> to prepare the spell
    >> with the feat included. I think as a sorcerer you can add "on the
    > fly"
    >> If I was near my books I'd be able to
    >> confirm. THat is the way we currently run it in our game. When I
    >> get
    >> home, I'll double check.
    >

    > With the cost of a full round action for metamagic on a sorcerer of
    > course.
    >
    > - Justisaur

    Yes, of course, for Sorcerer all metamagic (unless mentioned
    specifically in the feat) can be "on the fly" but
    as Justisaur said, requires a full round action.

    On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:22:11 +0200, "Juza" <none> scribed into the ether:

    >Hi to all,
    >in energy substitution feat description is said that you can modify the
    >energy designator of a spell with a chosen one. This substitution has to be
    >done/declered when you prepare the spell or can also be applied "on the fly"
    >when you cast it?

    Wizards would have to declare it when they woke up that morning,
    Bards/Sorcerers could do it on the fly...but with the standard penalty for
    metamagic use.

Games Video Games