Hp vs lenovo vs apple ?!

1. budget: ~1500$ (I can add more if it is necessary)
2. size: 15
3. screen resolution: current is 1600 x 1050 - this looks good, I am using it to read a lot
4. portable or desktop laptop: portable as I have a very powerful desktop
5. battery life do you need: at least 4-5 hours of reading and coding/programming work
6. play games with your : NO
7. what other tasks do you want to do with your laptop: reading a lot, coding in c++/ c# /java
8. how much storage: 100GB SSD or more - I have a 50 SSD now and is full
9. if you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links: no
10. how long do you want to keep your laptop: last one 3 years, prev. one 2 years
11. optical drive : don't need
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy: any but to support windows also
13. What country do you live in? USA/WA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed:
1. one of the most important is the heat factor, I am keeping it a lot on my leg in cafeteria or other places and the last HP 6710B was very bad.
2. the screen needs to be very good as I read on it a lot (desktop I have an IPS)
3. it needs to be light as the current one ( HP 6710B) is pretty heavy

I am using it mainly for reading and coding during my weekends,commute and travels.

Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about lenovo apple
  1. Hello supersmecher;

In your budget range you should be able to get a 15" 1600x900 or 1920x1080 LCD screen.
    Getting an IPS panel is going to be a challenge in the thin and light models. How firm is that requirement?
  2. Dell has an IPS panel in the M4600 Precision Workstation. But it's well out of your price range.
    As a $500 option (plus they require a $490 GPU upgrade to get it:
    15.6" UltraSharp™ FHD(1920x1080) PremierColor IPS RGB Anti-Glare LED-backlit Premium Panel Guarantee [add $499.00]
  3. HP has a matching IPS option in it's HP EliteBook 8560w 15" Mobile Workstation model.
    $450 option for a 15.6" LED-backlit FHD UWVA anti-glare DreamColor (1920 x 1080).
    Probably north of $3000 in final configuration.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops