WHAT MOTHERBOARD???

G

hi me again

i havent decided on wat chipto get yet but i was wondering if there were any good mobos that any of u could reccomend?

i have a P3 866 at the moment but am looking at gettin Athlon 1.4GHZ or faster. i have 256Pc-133 SDRam and leadtek 64MB DDR GF2 GTS Pro

which mobos would be good?
I want one i can overclock and apart from that im not fussed what else its got as long as its real (u know what i mean) and it should be GOOD one.

thanx

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Abit Kr7 raid, it is either out, or will be out shortly, it is the kt266a mobo from abit and it looks to be stable and blazing fast.

or an nforce mobo.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

G

I am not going to recommend a specific motherboard, but go DDR !! For the price of a 256 Mb DDR CAS 2 stick of RAM so low, it would really be silly to buy a new SDR board now.

You'd even be cheaper of getting the ECS SiS735 board with a stick of 256 Mb DDR then the Epox. Though it appears the ECS boards have a incredible high rate of DOA. I've been lucky, and this is my best motherboard I ever had.. cheapest as well

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

G

Oops; just read you want to overclock.. dont take the ECS then, since it doesnt offer multiplier adjustments.. but get a DDR board anyway

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
If he wants to overclock, there is no better option than ther kg7 raid now, and kr7 raid when it is released.

ABIT is the god of overclockers motherboards.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
im as usual push MSI.

i say DDR as well.

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
*(k)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid*
</font color=green>

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
If you're getting one now, go with a MoBo with the KT266A chipset, as it's fast, stable, and in many quality MBs. In the furture, you might want to look at the Nforce solution, but the jury is still out till it's final.

On the product end, I have had great success with my Gigabyte 7VTX motherboard. I've got a -P, but there are probably better ones out there for overclocking. Asus is usually a great MB maker, with lots of options. A lot of people like Abit MBs too.

486/SX 25 @ 256. Anyone have any dry ice to cool down the system?