athlon + stability

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Hibernate
Last response: in CPUs
November 9, 2001 10:02:33 AM

Well my overclocked athlon finally crashed. *snif snif*

course it wasnt hardware related...
Microshaft internet exploder went all wierd, wouldnt connect to things and my buttons, all my buttons went blank.

time since last reboot... some 250+ hours over the course of almost 3 weeks. (100% processor load all the time with cure for cancer)
win2k 'hibernate' mode is used exclusively.

do u think using hibernate mode each nite counts when talking about system uptime and "how many hours my pc can run in a row"???
remember that hibernate writes all mem data to a hard drive file & shuts down.
on restart the file is read and the PC is returned to the exact state it was left.

OEMs selling "High End"PCs with integrated video will be forced into Q3tournaments using a TNT2M64!

More about : athlon stability

November 9, 2001 10:15:37 AM

No, using hibernate turns off the computer and you want to test your system hardware, so turning it off with hibernate negates that test.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
November 9, 2001 10:41:42 AM

>Well my overclocked athlon finally crashed. *snif snif*

overclocked by how much ?

>course it wasnt hardware related...

Says who ? What tells you it was eg not a bit flip in an overlocked memory module that caused this ?

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =
Related resources
November 9, 2001 10:14:18 PM

awwwww

cant i add up the hours its been running? *grin*

OEMs selling "High End"PCs with integrated video will be forced into Q3tournaments using a TNT2M64!
November 9, 2001 10:18:06 PM

its a athlon 1200C oc to 1350@150. ram 150mhz 5-2-2 cas 2.

and if i had memory errors dont u think they would show up earlier? been running for many many hours, cure for cancer all the time, games, internetting, not a glitch.

p.s. ive run memtest86 v2.8... complete test, no errors.

i really think it was just good old microshaft software tossing a wobbly :) 

November 9, 2001 10:59:04 PM

This time i will not commemt for the sake of AMD MAN

Wisdom dont come with time
Meilleur chance la prochaine fois
November 9, 2001 11:53:38 PM

dude, you're wet behind the ears and now you're tasting the AMD experience!

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"
November 10, 2001 12:57:43 AM

My friend uses his Athlon 1.4tbird oc'd to 1.5, as basically a server. It runs 24/7 and he has been up for 2 weeks plus. Of course its a bit hot, but rock stable and no glitches..so if this is the AMD experience, it taste pretty damn good! I don't even wanna tell you how much i work my system...
November 10, 2001 1:11:23 AM

If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
November 10, 2001 5:19:36 AM

please... tell me exactly how i am wet behind the ears.

and yes, the amd experience is good.
very efficient number crunching, super fast games, virtually zero lockups.

course i would be lying if i said it was all due to the hardware, hats off to win2k as well!

!