WOA! did any one see the poll?

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
on the main page there is a poll about what CPU would you buy, seems like AMD leeding BIG TIME!

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
*(k)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid*
</font color=green>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Well, people are really clicking it juin, so it may have no scienfic value, but it has some value.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

lakedude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The poll has no value at all because these pages are full of an excessive number of fine AMD users, AMD lovers, and AMD heads. If you want a measure of which is more popular look at the sales figures. BTW I personally voted for the XP as well.

Remember if you ain't Muslim you ain't Shiite.

silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Not really. This poll is on a site which caters to performance junkies and computer literate people. They would be more likely to know what a good processor is than Joe from Montana. You're getting the educated demographic in this poll. While it doesn't accurately represent what everyone is buying, it should be given weight as to what educated people would buy.

That's why they don't let kids vote for the president.

Lyrics. Wasted time between solos.

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
The poll represents which cpu a person who has some knowledge of processors, would buy..not which cpu a person with money and no knowledge of what they are buying, but they believe is faster because it has a bigger number, would buy

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Well, why would I give a rats ass what cpu joe thinks the tower is a harddrive blow would purchase. I think the poll has alot more value than say a poll in the middle of walmart, because the only people answering the poll are relativly educated people.

You dont ask 1000 regular people whether they think chaos theory is correct or modified relativity is a better fit for the future of physics....because 99% of them would not know what the hell you were talking about.

Follow my point?

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
toms is aimed at computer enthusiasts, junkies, overclocking heads (ME!), and people with more knowledge than the general public, and who want even more knowledge, so its given that the poll is gonna be biased.
on more than one occasion ive heard the AMD line of processors being described as "enthusiast products" or "for hobbiests"
hopefull thats slowly changing as the world cottons on that there ARE alternatives to ALMIGHTY INTEL.
has parallels with MICROSOFT & Linux.

OEMs selling "High End"PCs with integrated video will be forced into Q3tournaments using a TNT2M64!

G

In a magazine I read this article about the rating of XP processors. They talked with an AMD and Intel sales represants. AMD one said that "MHz is not important anymore. You should look how much computing you could do in a certin time", of course Intel guy claims that clock speed is everything and THEIR PROCESSORS ARE COMPLETELY SUITABLE FOR EVERY APPLICATION. WTF!

But I see many people around, they really think nothing is match for a P4 processor. People who are not familiar with computer technology believe that clock speed is everything. Looks like Intel has won what it wants...

<font color=blue>Get a T-Bird...
Impressive CPU + House heater in one package. What do you need more?</font color=blue>

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
"chaos theory is correct or modified relativity is a better fit for the future of physics"

dont i get a third choice?:p

<font color=green>
*K.I.S.S*
*(k)eep (I)t (S)imple (S)tupid*
</font color=green>