Symantec VPN set up

I cannot get my symantec vpn to run through my mn-700
base station. If I bypass the base station and just use
my cable modem, I can connect my tunnel. I believe I
have a firewall issue with the base station but it cannot
be turned off. I have unchecked the Ping option and have
tried port forwarding. On the symantec client, I have
tried UDP encapsulation.
1 answer Last reply
More about symantec

    Apparently there are known issues with the MN-700 MS router and a number of
    VPN software packages. You may have to put your target PC in the DMZ (not a
    great idea).

    "chairman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I cannot get my symantec vpn to run through my mn-700
    > base station. If I bypass the base station and just use
    > my cable modem, I can connect my tunnel. I believe I
    > have a firewall issue with the base station but it cannot
    > be turned off. I have unchecked the Ping option and have
    > tried port forwarding. On the symantec client, I have
    > tried UDP encapsulation.

Routers VPN Symantec Networking