Your question

Windows 7 background won't change

Tags:
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
February 8, 2013 7:13:01 AM

Hello,
I have just recently got a asus travelmate netbook
(school gave it to me) and i seem to be the only one who can't change the background. I can change the colour of the taskbar and change the background to a solid colour but i cant use pictures! I tried the control panel and right clicking on a picture but nothing happens!!! Help please! I have a boring computer screen!!

More about : windows background change

February 8, 2013 8:27:56 AM

Are you saying that when you select another picture or theme under Personalize, nothing happens?

Make you click apply and then OK after you select the wallpaper you want.
m
l
February 8, 2013 8:35:54 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Windows Vista to section Windows 7 by Apanzee
m
l
February 8, 2013 8:39:10 AM

it doesn't happen to be Windows 7 Starter Edition, is it?
m
l
February 15, 2013 8:37:33 PM

278945,2,1375624 said:
Are you saying that when you select another picture or theme under Personalize, nothing happens?

Make you click apply and then OK after you select the wallpaper you want.

That's right. I go into Personalize, and pick a background, save the theme and it turns into a plain black desktop background...
[/quote]
m
l
February 15, 2013 8:43:56 PM

Hazle said:
it doesn't happen to be Windows 7 Starter Edition, is it?

Uh... I'm not sure. I'll try find out. Does it matter if it is Starter Edition?
It it does, they coundn't have just added this "Starter Edition" to mine could they?
But... I remember when I first got this, I was getting warnings saying my Windows version is not genuine. I gave the computer to the coordinator and he said he will get the schools computer guy to fix it. I don't get those messages anymore but could it really be a fake version of Windows?
m
l
a c 424 $ Windows 7
February 15, 2013 8:47:16 PM

Windows 7 Starter does not include:

* Aero Glass, meaning you can only use the Windows Basic or other opaque themes. It also means you do not get Taskbar Previews or Aero Peek.
* Personalization features for changing desktop backgrounds, window colors, or sound schemes.
* The ability to switch between users without having to log off.
* 64 bit version
* Multi-monitor support.
* DVD playback.
* Windows Media Center for watching recorded TV or other media.
* Remote Media Streaming for streaming your music, videos, and recorded TV from your home computer.
* Domain support for business customers.
* XP Mode for those that want the ability to run older Windows XP programs on Windows 7.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 15, 2013 8:47:40 PM

After you go to Personalize, choose Desktop Background, look for Pictures location : and select Screen Pictures.
m
l
February 15, 2013 8:54:38 PM

jarotech said:
After you go to Personalize, choose Desktop Background, look for Pictures location : and select Screen Pictures.

Sorry this is a really stupid question but where is it supposed to say "screen pictures"? I can't find it...
m
l
February 15, 2013 8:57:18 PM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Windows 7 Starter does not include:

* Aero Glass, meaning you can only use the Windows Basic or other opaque themes. It also means you do not get Taskbar Previews or Aero Peek.
* Personalization features for changing desktop backgrounds, window colors, or sound schemes.
* The ability to switch between users without having to log off.
* 64 bit version
* Multi-monitor support.
* DVD playback.
* Windows Media Center for watching recorded TV or other media.
* Remote Media Streaming for streaming your music, videos, and recorded TV from your home computer.
* Domain support for business customers.
* XP Mode for those that want the ability to run older Windows XP programs on Windows 7.

Ok then. Does that also mean you cannot change colour of taskbar and screensaver? Because I can do those, just can't change background to anything even the ones already on the computer.
m
l
!