Twain driver windows 7 64 bit for canoscan fs4000us

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpc29

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
Installation software states that a twain driver needs to be installed first for Canoscan FS4000US. Is there one available?

There is no TWAIN driver available for the FS4000US which is compatible with Windows 7.

However, you may still be able to use your scanner on Windows 7 by installing and using the VueScan scanner software: http://www.hamrick.com/

Download the trial, and if it works with your scanner you must then pay for a VueScan serial number if you want to keep using the software (or buy a new scanner instead, your choice).

Note: VueScan does not include a TWAIN driver. You can only use your scanner by opening the VueScan application, then saving the scanned document as an image file, which you can then open in your preferred graphics application.
However, I think you will find that the VueScan user-interface is far better than the scanner driver software supplied with most scanners. So good is VueScan that I bought a copy even though my scanner has it's own Windows 7 driver.

rpc29

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
I installed and tried VueScan but it did not work. It did not detect that the slides were put into the scanner at all, no matter what settings I tried.

Vladislav Averkiev

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
I installed yesterday VueScan on OS X lion for my 13 years old Canoscan FS4000US and everything works perfect!

I'm so glad I did not sell this scanner. Now I can scan my last 1000-2000 negatives with good quality.

I tried to install canon drivers (FilmGet FS 1.03b) for my fs4000us on vista 64x, os x 10.6.5 and os x 10.7.5 without success. So this VueScan is my savior :)

Status
Not open for further replies.