SoundMax Driver

sisygambis

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Anyone have a functional, reliable driver for Win 7 32bit, ASUS Maximus Extreme motherboard, and a SoundMax sound card???

sisygambis

Distinguished
May 17, 2010

Home made computer, Intel q9550 (Core 2 Quad) @ 2.833 GHz ASUS Maximus Extreme MB with Soundmax Audio (from ASUS) Creative X-Fi Elite Pro Sound card, NVIDA GeForce 880o GT , More than adequate cooling and Power supply, and sundry hard drives, etc.

sisygambis

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Big Problem with Creative recommended software and driver for Win 7. I've had one generic answer to my 5 submissions using the only avenue for tech support Creative supplies, the On Line Support form. I will give you the info that I gave Creative and see what you make of the problem. It seems that the files available for downloads from Creative have an error. Here is the last Info I sent to Creative:

I am VERY Frustrated. I have no other way to contact Creative with my hardware problems other than use this Online Support Form. I have Filled out this form FIVE times. Creative only responded to my first contact. I thought there might be a problem with how I sent the first follow up message, so I resent it. The message appeared to have been sent properly. I received no e-mail response acknowledging the message. I sent the message AGAIN and I know it went through. I am still waiting for a response.
I need another way to contact creative. THIS FORM DOESN'T WORK WELL FOR THE PURCHASER. I NEED ANOTHER WAY TO ASK FOR ASSISTANCE. PLEASE HELP ME. IF I'D KNOWN ABOUT THE LACK OF PRODUCT SUPPORT BEFORE I'D BOUGHT MY SOUND EQUIPMENT FROM CREATIVE I'D NEVER HAVE PURCHASED A CREATIVE PRODUCT.

Greetings again,
Regarding the problem outlined in my previous request, (X-Fi Elite Pro) (KMM20521052I15977L0KM) none of your suggestions corrected the problem with my Creative X-Fi Elite Pro audio hardware. I need further assistance.
I have downloaded the recommended driver and all of the Creative software you recommended for use with windows 7. I am unable to install the drivers and software downloaded from the Creative site. The installation was first prevented by Windows 7 UAC. I then disabled the User Access Control in Windows 7 and again attempted to install SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0013. I received the following message: File error[@S]CRC1,0x28504db7:0x0d37dbd7 the installation failed. I received the same message when I attempted to install the recommended Driver (SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0008). I did a complete clean install of windows 7. I have disabled the on board audio in my bios. My Audio card is properly seated in the motherboard slot. There is an empty PCIE Slot next to the audio card. What should I do next?
I sent this response last week using the online support form, however I didn’t receive any response. I probably made an error when sending the form. It would be very helpful if I could speak to someone in technical support if your next suggestions don’t resolve my problem.
Thanks for your assistance-

sisygambis

Distinguished
May 17, 2010

PS Thanks for the ASUS suggestion, I hadn't checked there in a while