@hyron - yeah, the user's account was deleted along with all the SPAM. Hopefully the link the Spammer was posting was banned also. Like I mentioned before, In the wee hours of the AM this patrt of the forum gets some of the strangest posts of the entire forumn.

The nuisance was all over the Forum in the middle of yesterday morning in British Summer Time. One of my replies also got wiped so I'm probably in the brown stuff down at Mod Mansions but I just got fed up with his silly suggestions of a site that probably wouldn't fix anythign anyway.

Yeah, that Spammer was extraordinarily annoying. That repair your computer site link that was being pimped was posted on a lot threads that gave me an email notification. Tom's should ban that link to that repair for a fee site site for good. Ban the link from being displayed on the forums.

I can't stand to talk to tech support on most days. Much less pay them for the conversation as the Spammer suggested. I did recently find out from my ISP I can request to speak to someone stateside instead of being outsourced. That was a technological breakthrough I was not privy to regarding my setup.

tecej2518

Distinguished
May 18, 2010

Hi Cassandra
Thanks for your help but I found the problem before get to the links. It was my power suplied it was going bad and creating the situation do to lack of sufficient power.
But thanks anyway I will keep those links on minde

I'm glad you fixed it and came back to say how. This is a classic example of why not to use the so-called remote fiing website that was spammed on here and elsewhere. Power supply units are such a frequent cause of problems and there's no way a remote access could fix that or even find it. It's a process of elimination thing which has to be done on the spot by the user or a knowledgeable friend, a fixer or whatever.[/#000ff]