Reinstalling windows 7

connjunction

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
I have a Dell Insperion 14 that I bought last April. The hard drive crashed before Christmas and I had to send it to Dell of replacement. Obviously all other software applications on the computer were gone when we got the computer back from Dell. I have since reinstalled all software using my last licsense to do so. Now I am having major issues with internet explorer giving me an "Object Error" on some websites. All indications I have to reinstall windows 7. How do I do this and not loose all of my other applications that are on this computer?

Soda-88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Don't reinstall Windows just because IE gives you errors.
Have you tried resetting the settings? (Internet options>Advanced>Reset)
What object errors are you encountering? Is it Java? If so, reinstall Java
http://www.java.com/en/

connjunction

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

That is one of the issues. The messages does not say what the object is that is causing the error.

connjunction

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

Thank you. I have made Chrome my default. However, my granddaughter has some on-line programs that seem to be tied to IE because they do not work well with Chrome. These are education programs for school.

did you go into ie and set the internet options to default

also try uninstalling any ie toolbars that have been added--my grand daughter has a habit of installing

loads of ie toolbars--which usually leads to problems

connjunction

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

Thank you. YOu may have just hit on simething I had not caught. I will check this out tonight.

Thank you again.