Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Not receiving attachments

Last response: in Windows 7
February 8, 2013 5:37:13 PM

Hello,
I receive all my e-mails on windows live 2011, except those that have attachments. I cand sen attachments, but not rceive them

More about : receiving attachments

a b $ Windows 7
February 8, 2013 5:39:31 PM

check your settings in Live..

All the best Brett :) 
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
February 8, 2013 7:34:07 PM

I'd start by checking your webmail first to see if they are received there.

If they aren't - it's a problem with your mail provider.

And how large are these attachments? A lot of POP3 servers have trouble with messages over ~10MB
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 8, 2013 7:53:00 PM

Download thunderbird and see if your mail and attachments come through OK on that
m
l
February 19, 2013 12:30:36 PM

ptoup said:
Hello,
I receive all my e-mails on windows live 2011, except those that have attachments. I cand sen attachments, but not rceive them

Thanks to everyone who repied to my question. I could send attachments, but could not receive them. The problem was the free yahoo's POP3

I went to Best Buy and talked to the geeks. Come to find out, my problem was Yahoo. which is the default e-mail for ATT.
Apparently this was a very familiar problem to the geeks. Unless you purchase the special Yahoo mail for $10 a month, this is a common problem.
The free yahoo has a POP3 server connection. This type of server connection has been around for decades and is no longer supported by Yahoo. The special Yahoo mail has a IMAP server and is supported. IMAP is the newer method. Windows live has difficulty talking to Yahoo POP3 .
They suggested to use Gmail. I tested Gmail and it seems to work fine. It’s faster and no problems attaching attachments.
All along I thought it was the windows live program.

Thanks again to everyone
m
l
February 19, 2013 12:30:50 PM

Best answer selected by ptoup.
m
l
!