Sign in with
Your question

Mass controller storage

Last response: in Windows 7
February 8, 2013 5:52:40 PM

there's a yellow ! beside mass storage controller in device manager. when right clicked>properties tells me the device is "unknown" and there is no driver installed for it. I've a Toshiba satellite running windows8. can someone suggest a link for an appropriate driver download?
February 8, 2013 6:21:34 PM

Thank you>>>>but still unable to solve the issue
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
a b $ Windows 7
February 8, 2013 6:34:07 PM

I could be wrong but I think that often "Mass storage controller" refers to an external drive (likely a USB key or external hard drive). Do you have any of those plugged in? Unplug every external devices and reboot and see if it's still there.
m
l
February 8, 2013 6:42:48 PM

MC_K7 said:
I could be wrong but I think that often "Mass storage controller" refers to an external drive (likely a USB key or external hard drive). Do you have any of those plugged in? Unplug every external devices and reboot and see if it's still there.

I haven't used 8, but older versions of Windows generally refer to them as "USB Mass Storage Device(s)" or something similar. The controller is something else entirely.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b G Storage
a b $ Windows 7
February 8, 2013 6:45:16 PM

Most likely an SD card slot or similar.
m
l
February 9, 2013 9:09:20 AM

Crackadamus said:
I haven't used 8, but older versions of Windows generally refer to them as "USB Mass Storage Device(s)" or something similar. The controller is something else entirely.

Thank you....but nothing is connected to my lap top
m
l
February 9, 2013 9:19:46 AM

ex_bubblehead said:

Thanx.....but nothing wrong with my SD card slot
m
l
February 9, 2013 3:42:31 PM

ex_bubblehead said:

Any other solution ?
m
l
February 9, 2013 6:09:34 PM

ex_bubblehead said:
Have you tried the obvious? Google the PNP ID, that will positively identify the device. From there you can install the proper driver.

http://download.cnet.com/Unknown-Device-Identifier/3000...

Thank you found the problem with the

Texas Instruments PCI-8x12/7x12/6x12 CardBus Controller

but I can not find the proper drivers

I am using win 8 .

my laptop is Toshiba

will guide me to the proper drivers

THANK YOU
m
l
February 9, 2013 6:13:23 PM

ex_bubblehead said:
Have you tried the obvious? Google the PNP ID, that will positively identify the device. From there you can install the proper driver.

http://download.cnet.com/Unknown-Device-Identifier/3000...

Thank you found the problem with the

Texas Instruments PCI-8x12/7x12/6x12 CardBus Controller

but I can not find the proper drivers

I am using win 8 .

my laptop is Toshiba

will guide me to the proper drivers

THANK YOU
m
l
a c 289 G Storage
a b $ Windows 7
February 9, 2013 6:30:48 PM

Go to the Toshiba site, select Support, select your particular model, and look for Download or Drivers or some such tab. What OS did the machine have on it when you bought it? If the hardware is old enough, there may simply not be a driver for the device. If the hardware officially supports Win8, it should be there.

A common tactic is to right-click on the device with the yellow exclamation point, choose Unistall, and reboot. Sometimes this will prompt the OS to install the right drivers on its own.

On the other hand, if everything that you are using is working fine, you could ignore it.

This really belongs in the Win8 forums; please post any new inquiries there: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-73-388.html . Mods, I'm not moving it to ensure that OP will be able to find it.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b G Storage
a b $ Windows 7
February 9, 2013 6:34:12 PM

Quote:
....Texas Instruments PCI-8x12/7x12/6x12 CardBus Controller....

That's just the PCMCIA slot. Unless you're using it, or plan on using it, you can just ignore the lack of a driver.
m
l
February 10, 2013 5:08:46 PM

ex_bubblehead said:
Quote:
....Texas Instruments PCI-8x12/7x12/6x12 CardBus Controller....

That's just the PCMCIA slot. Unless you're using it, or plan on using it, you can just ignore the lack of a driver.

Thanx
m
l
!