Cyprusg21

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2003
I was ripped off by newegg.com once, so I always buy my stuff from <A HREF="http:// www.newcomputers.net " target="_new">http:// www.newcomputers.net </A>. Most of their stuff is retail, but the prices are right on line with newegg.

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
I've never had a problem with newegg, and I've bought a lot of stuff there. Only had to do one RMA, and it was easy and ended up being no problem. Their prices are very good, usually within 5% of being the cheapest, and a lot of their products include free shipping. I like newegg.

<font color=green>The Netherlands is where you go when you're too good for heaven.</font color=green> :tongue:

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
Don't forget the cool micro RC cars you get for 5 bucks...

Any man can withstand adversity...The true test of character is to give a man power <i>Abraham Lincoln</i>

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
I got one with my 1700 Tbred...Uber cool to race around the office....

Any man can withstand adversity...The true test of character is to give a man power <i>Abraham Lincoln</i>

lymponus

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2001
I like www.allstarshop.com. Usually very close to being the cheapest, and a lot of their stuff has free shipping.

Lymponus

"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom; justice; honor; duty; mercy; hope." - Sir Winston Churchill

jvchacon

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2003
Well with all different sellers, it just depends on what you're going for.

i.e. the processor runs with allstarshop.com on a 3ghz processor 533 system buss .. approximately $430

at newegg the same processor is running right now for $365.50

both are retail.

From my shopping alot of companies seem to be competitive when it comes to sound cards video cards motherboards and even memory .. But when it comes to processors, it seems that you'll find most best prices are for oem. And from what I can see right CPU's are where there's the biggest spectrum of prices.

I still see the P4 3.06 533 running anywhere from 360 - 500 ...

Although I end up buying most of my stuff from newegg I still shop around using pricewatch.com or pricegrabber.com

G

Depends on the item you are looking for. Sometimes a buy isn't always a buy. With me it's more important to know that I'm doing business with a decent company than it is to save a few bucks.....Vista

<b>"A politician should do two terms-one in office & one in jail"</b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by vista on 01/22/04 09:24 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

jaimegmr

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2001
I just got a Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 128MB from Str8buy.com for $154 w/free shipping + Tax. It costs $158 + tax w/free shipping in Newegg.com, so I saved $4.00. LOL :)

Signature X__________________________ <-- Sign here please.

athalus

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2001
i saw a lite-on retail cd-rw/combo drive at a local computer store (southern nh) for $78, it was $48 at newegg. my computer & my spare is about 70% newegg.

peregrine

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2004
I was ripped off by newegg too. Sent me damaged goods (packaged to break upon shipping) and the cost of shipping them back, etc. wasn't worth it! Try outpost.com (Fries on-line site.)

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
sorry for those of you who had bad experience with newegg.........i have nothing but good luck with them.......... recently ordered more dvd-r's came in 2 days from the day i placed the order, and that's the free fedex saver which is pretty good

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
200gb WD 8mb cache..
Lian-Li PC-60
Lite-On 52X
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GeForce 4 Ti4200 w/vivo 128mb 8x
Hitachi CML174
1 GB Corsair XMS PC3200 Cas2

Croaker

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I have use newegg.com more than 30 times from CPU's,Harddrives, cases and many other products. I have I have had 2 RMA's. 1 bad motherboard(ASUS) never worked out of the box. 1 CD/RW(liteon) went bad after 4 months. No problem with exchanges. If I buy a part at a computer shop I have to spend my gas to drive back to replace the part. So the $4.50 to send a broken part back is not a big deal.

Titanion

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
Newegg all the way...

I just built a computer for a friend, and it truly takes three days for everything to get to Washington.... awesome shipping... and over the years, I have only had one damaged product... the plastic front panal of a cheap case was busted up... newegg sent me a new front panel... no charge... no questions... I was even able to use the wiring from the damaged front panel to fix a broken part on a different case...

BestByte has cheaper heatsinks.... SLKs, anyway... and for my friend's computer, they came a full week after neweggs stuff got here... I was wondering if it was truly worth saving the $10.00

<font color=red><b>The mind is in its own place, and in itself
Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.</b></font color=red>
John Milton, <i>Paradise Lost</i>, Book II

Sun_Tzu

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004
I am residing in australia, and i here i managed to registar my own buisness name and now i can order all of my hardware from wholesalers. It is a lot cheaper and if you ever need some extra cash you just buy some stuff real cheap and resell it to your friends or something at cheaper then retail but more then what you bought it at prices. It has worked very well and shipping is always very fast. I'm not sure how easy it is to registar buisness names in America but if is at all possible I highly recommend it.

All men can see tha tactics whereby I conquer, but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.

TRENDING THREADS