Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Question about change display language from spanish to english

Last response: in Windows 7
February 8, 2013 10:50:47 PM

I have a laptop that I am working on that is running windows 7 home premium and the language is set to Spanish. How do set the display language to english. Please help if you can. Thanks :D 
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
February 8, 2013 11:02:55 PM

Control panel / region&language
m
l
February 8, 2013 11:06:49 PM

I went to region/language, administrative and then change system locale. There is no English selection in the drop down menu. This is strange.
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
February 8, 2013 11:09:50 PM

So, english is not installed. There is a help topic on the very same page for it.
m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
February 8, 2013 11:11:38 PM

Win7 Home Premium can't change the UI language. You need Enterprise or Ultimate to do that, or a fresh install of Windows (though I can't remember whether you can just select the language during install; if you can't, you'd need a separate install disc for English)
February 8, 2013 11:18:16 PM

Oh ok that makes sense. I found a program called Vistalizator that will install language pack I need. Thanks for the reply. :D 
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 8, 2013 11:38:18 PM

I hadn't known about that program, but I'm a little worried about it circumventing the normal requirement of having the Enterpise or Ultimate edition to do that. That might lead to technical or legal problems down the line.

Edit: Ronnie Vernon's answer on the page that SR-71 Blackbird linked confirms that using that program will invalidate your Windows license and activation.
m
l
February 18, 2013 11:15:22 PM

Best answer selected by efx2001.
m
l
!