AMD-XP Freez problem

G

Ok this problem is getting on my nervs so i hope one of you guys/gals can help me out!

I just bought a:

Abit KG7 MOBO
AMD XP 1600+ (1.4GHz)processor
256MB Apacer DDR2100 RAM
Asus 7100 GF2-MX400 64MB-RAM
CoolerMaster cooler intended to cool a 1.533 XP processor
(nothing is overclocked)

The system is running a w2k with sp2 on it (Danish version)

The Problem:
The problem is that the computer frezz's every time i try to play, after about 5-10min (all games), then i have to restart the pc, couse nothing will work (it has also frozzen in w2k, but that is not often)

I have tryed all the diffrent gfx drivers, i have updatet the BIOS on the MOBO, so it has the lates avileble BIOS right now. And still the same problem. I have tryed 1mill difrent settings in the BIOS, and still the same problem.... has anyone a solution 4 this problem???

Regards
Train

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Train on 11/15/01 06:08 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
First of all, download the Detonator XP drivers for Windows 2000. Then use the System Doctor and find out what the temps you your graphics card is. Then check your CPU temps. Also, have you installed the Via 4in1 drivers yet?

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

its not the heat, the cpu is only 48 celsius and i did try the via 4in1 latest driver, didnt work... also tryed new gfx and RAM :(

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
Is your Powersupply reputable (good brand) and what wattage? Poor powersupplies are often the culprit in machine instability.

-* <font color=red> Under Offer </font color=red> *-
email for application details