Sign in with
Your question

Trying to install win7 from flash drive

Last response: in Windows 7
February 8, 2013 11:59:26 PM

just got my desktop and finished building it, it came with a cd that has setup for OS, the problem here it that i didn't buy CD/DVD drive and i tried to copy it to flash drive but didn't work out. the program wintoflash, when i tried to mount it to .iso it says some folders are not found, like source etc.

here is a screen of my cd's content, i tried to boot my pc from my flash, but it kept telling me to reboot... and press any key... bla bla... even if i did reboot 100 times...

and is there a way to run that setup.exe without os? i opened my flash drive in bios but didn't show the file =[ anyone have some good suggestions? pls help

Related resources
February 9, 2013 7:15:25 AM

I've used Nvoicorp WinToFlash and I've never had a problem.

You can't copy the ISO's files strait to the flash drive because that doesn't make it bootable. Stuff such as WinToFlash are used to make it bootable so that it can install. There are other things such as MS's own software to use an ISO to make a bootable Windows installation flash drive, but I've never used anything other than Novicorp's software for this myself.
February 9, 2013 8:41:07 AM

i think it might be that i save the whole cd as .iso, i tried to select all the files and saved it as .iso, and when i use window usb dvd download tool at step 4 it says unable to copy files, please check your usb device and bla bla restart again... this message show up at 99%...
February 9, 2013 8:48:54 AM

blazorthon said:
I've used Nvoicorp WinToFlash and I've never had a problem.

You can't copy the ISO's files strait to the flash drive because that doesn't make it bootable. Stuff such as WinToFlash are used to make it bootable so that it can install. There are other things such as MS's own software to use an ISO to make a bootable Windows installation flash drive, but I've never used anything other than Novicorp's software for this myself.

i tried wintoflash, it isn't working for me. windows version cannot be discovered. heres a sc:
!