Moron needs help

G

I have no handware knowledge when it comes to computers so if my question seems juvenile or "common" knowledge, please do not laugh or make any crude, childish remarks.

Do I need to worry about overheating a AMD XP 1800+ or 1900+ if I do not overclock?

<font color=green>H</font color=green><font color=yellow>ep</font color=yellow><font color=green>T</font color=green><font color=yellow>udor</font color=yellow> :cool:

Thanatos00

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2001
If you're not overclocking the proceesor, the OEM HSF should be fine. But if you're looking for something better than OEM I would go with a Volcano6cu.

<font color=blue>- Studies show that the human brain approaches 100 percent retention. -</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You won't need to worry about it overheating as long as you have adequate case ventilation and adequate cooling. Even the stock Retail Boxed cooler will work for a non-overclocked system.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Don't call yourself a moron because it invites trolls such as AMDMeltdown to use you and make fun of you.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Stock retail heatsink and one case fan is all any athlon needs to not worry about heat.

Dont listen to meltdown, he is still mad his mom got him a tbird for school instead of his precious p4, when he called his mom an amd pup, she told him the money she saved buying the athlon is going into his special "fund" to pay for his facial reconstruction surgery.Now everytime someone mentions the great value of amd processors he is subconciously reminded of his repugnant facial oddity, thus the anger at amd users. Poor meltdown, pity him and his hideously deformed face.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
ROTFLMFAOWSMP (Rolling On The Floor Laughing My F*cking Ass Off While Sh*ting My Pants)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh man.....where'd u coem up witht hat oen man, holy crap was that ever funny......
hahahaha

Hey MELTDOWN, u always tell people that r having problems with there AMD Based PC's to RMA it back to AMD and go buy an Intel..
In this case, why don't you RMA your FACE back to your Mom and get her to buy you an Intel Inside sticker to stick on where your face was supposed to be...
haahhahahahaha

sorry, I'm gettign carried away........don't take it persoanlly amdMELTDOWN, im just kidding, but you must admit, it's funny =)

-MeTaL RoCkEr

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new"> <b> My Rig </b> </A>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
LoL, I was sitting here in my bunny suit(no lie) and it just came off my fingers into cyber space. Thankyou for the uproarious commentary. :)

PS: if meltdown wants more of his story told he will keep insulting me and my place of work for no reason, I can be pursueded to continue writing such funny insulting commentary if he wishes it.

~Matisaro~
"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
~Tbird1.3@1.5~

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
You know.........I was thinking, why dont we just make a post all about Commentary's on different Trolls....and how there all linked to FUD from FFF (Fabricated Fugger Facts) all the way to MELTDOWN's nickname, which starts with AMD *says in a pirates voice* (Argh Matee Die) AMD ....haha...ohh man its late I need sleep but I dont want too.......

But anways yea, a big giant thread of commentary's on everyone...... =)

Yes, No ??

-MeTaL RoCkEr

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new"> <b> My Rig </b> </A>