messenger 4.5 password

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well the new version of msn messenger doesn't seem to be able to forget the password stored in the xp users' account. how can i remove the password so that messenger does not sign in as soon as it loads?

³ªÀ̽º ¿£ºñµð¾Æ ¿£ ¿¡ÀÌƼ¾ÆÀÌ À¯Á °ÔÀÌÆ® À¸ ÄíÅ°.... :smile: ¾ß¹Ì :smile:

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
for the both of you, thanks for your reply. but they didn't help. i want it so that when someone logs into my windows messenger doens't sign in automatically when the program starts, be it loaded on windows logon or manually loaded (start > all programs > windwos messenger).

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Hmmm, I just loaded up messenger, and there is no option, that sucks. Try checking "ask me for my password when etc etc" see if that works, if not you can always go into the messenger directory and delete files that have names, or preferences folders and whatnot.

::didnt sign up for a passport on purpose::

Passport+pirate copy of xp = trouble.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
alright so there's no way unless i try to remove that user thing. i remembered last time there used to be a option remembering my password. oh btw that asking password for etcetc is just the hotmail... doesn't help much.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
Do you use messenger, if not I would reccomend removing various files to disable it..... If you do use it, then I dont know what you can do to prevent it.

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
of course i do if not why would i sign in in the first place

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
you would not believe the number of people I have talked to who can NOT figure out how to stop messenger from autoloading/auto signing on on bootup of windows xp.

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i remembered a thread regarding registry hack enabling msn to be revealed under add.remove programs... i forgot which

G

>Passport+pirate copy of xp = trouble.

? Why ?

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
The less ms apps I use to connect to a central server, the better in my oppinion. besides I use aim no need for msn.

Thanatos00

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2001
yo guys. all you need to do is click sign in with a different account. when you get to the username and password screen you will have the option to remember name and password. UNCHECK IT! next time it opens or you want to log on only your username will be in the username box and you can enter your password

<font color=blue>- Studies show that the human brain approaches 100 percent retention. -</font color=blue>

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
well i removed my user account, deleted the user files, and then re-add the user to the local machine. now messenger remembers my email address, but not password. hooray.

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
do you mean after logging off re-logon again using another account? and when another account has been logged on you just resign-in as the original user account without the remember my account on the computer? hmmm sounds good.

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i have found the <i>right</i> way to deal with this problem. i'm not sure about win2k, but in winxp, go to control panel > user accounts > advanced > manage passwords. simply remove any account's password and you're done! easy... but too deep.

Conqueror

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2001
There's an option for "remember my password on this computer" at log in screen. You can disable that.

You can also disable the "run this program when windows starts" in the TOOLS/PREFERNCE menu.

Other than that, there are no other options.

<font color=blue><i>Mankind must put an end to War,
or War will put an end to mankind!<i></font color=blue>

machow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
in windows xp, once you selected "remember my password" the first time your log on to .net passport windows messenger, there's no way to tell them to "forget my password" other than using the method as described on my last post.

by disabling "run this program when windows starts" i could only prevent it from signing in when window loads. it still signs in automatically when i load the program.