Druid level names

I'm creating a druid version of the Heirophant PrC frm the DMG and I'm
trying to think up a name for it. I was thinking of the lv names given
to Druids in the old versions of DnD, but the Monk names keep popping
into my head (and one might be useful)
All of my AdnD and 2E books are sold...so I need a refresher. What were
the Druid level names?

Rich

eyebyte <rbrouwer@rogers.com> wrote:
>I'm creating a druid version of the Heirophant PrC frm the DMG and I'm
>trying to think up a name for it. I was thinking of the lv names given
>to Druids in the old versions of DnD, but the Monk names keep popping
>into my head (and one might be useful)
>All of my AdnD and 2E books are sold...so I need a refresher. What were
>the Druid level names?

Google is your friend. http://www.mjyoung.net/dungeon/char/clas010.html

(Really, just Seeker, Aspirate, Ovate, Initiate (1st-9th circles),
Druid, Arch-Druid, Great Druid, and Grand Druid; the Hierophant
levels may have had names in the 1st Ed. UA, but I think they were
just Hierophant...)

My two suggestions:
(a) Hierophant Druid
(b) call it Hierophant, and rename the DMG class.

Donald

eyebyte <rbrouwer@rogers.com> writes
>I'm creating a druid version of the Heirophant PrC frm the DMG and I'm
>trying to think up a name for it. I was thinking of the lv names given
>to Druids in the old versions of DnD, but the Monk names keep popping
>into my head (and one might be useful)
>All of my AdnD and 2E books are sold...so I need a refresher. What were
>the Druid level names?

Aspirant, Ovate, Initiate of the (1st-9th) Circle, Druid, Archdruid,
Great Druid, Grand Druid, Hierophant Druid, Hierophant Initiate,
Hierophant Adept, Hierophant Master, Numinous Hierophant, Mystic
Hierophant, Arcane Hierophant, Hierophant of the Cabal

--
Ian R Malcomson
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box"

On 1 May 2005 10:52:21 -0700, "eyebyte" <rbrouwer@rogers.com> scribed into
the ether:

>I'm creating a druid version of the Heirophant PrC frm the DMG and I'm
>trying to think up a name for it. I was thinking of the lv names given
>to Druids in the old versions of DnD, but the Monk names keep popping
>into my head (and one might be useful)
>All of my AdnD and 2E books are sold...so I need a refresher. What were
>the Druid level names?

1- Aspirant
2- Ovate
3- Initiate of the 1st Circle
11- Initiate of the 9th Circle
12- Druid
13- Archdruid
14- The Great Druid
15- The Grand Druid
16- Heirophant Druid
17- Heirophant Initiate
18- Heirophant Adept
19- Heirophant Master
20- Numinous Heirophant
21- Mystic Heirophant
22- Arcane Heirophant
23- Heirophant of the Cabal

Monk:
1- Novice
2- Initiate
3- Brother
4- Disciple
5- Immaculate
6- Master
7- Superior Master
8- Master of Dragons
9- Master of the North Wind
10- Master of the West Wind
11- Master of the South Wind
12- Master of the East Wind
13- Master of Winter
14- Master of Autumn
15- Master of Summer
16- Master of Spring
17- Grand Master of Flowers

"eyebyte" <rbrouwer@rogers.com> wrote in message
> I'm creating a druid version of the Heirophant PrC frm the DMG and I'm
> trying to think up a name for it. I was thinking of the lv names given
> to Druids in the old versions of DnD, but the Monk names keep popping
> into my head (and one might be useful)
> All of my AdnD and 2E books are sold...so I need a refresher. What were
> the Druid level names?
>
> Rich

The DMG Heirophant is already a Druid PrC.

Marshall wrote:
The DMG Heirophant is already a Druid PrC

Well it does, but it's a pretty lousy PrC for a Druid. First of all it
requires 15 ranks of religion ( a cross class skil) and most of the
abilities are turning based. I want to make one that focuses on wild
feats (rather then metamagic) and a few druid based abilities
(including of course the wild shape transference ability from the
Heirophant in the DMG). Same idea for the class, slightly more druid
bent.

Rich

eyebyte wrote:
> [The DMG hierophant class is] a pretty lousy PrC for a Druid. First
> of all it requires 15 ranks of religion ( a cross class skil) and most
> of the abilities are turning based. I want to make one that focuses
> on wild feats (rather then metamagic) and a few druid based abilities
> (including of course the wild shape transference ability from the
> Heirophant in the DMG). Same idea for the class, slightly more druid
> bent.

You might want to check out the master of many forms in the Complete
Adventurer if you're looking for a druidy class that trades in spell
power for wild shape power (similar to how the hierophant trades spells
for cleric goodies).
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd