Is there a quick restore disc for Dell 2400?

Does the 2400 come with a quick restore disc? I see there are about
five different discs but not one that reads quick restore. If I want
to restore the pc back to factory specifications how do I go about it?

There is one disc that reads - contents: Device drivers, diagnostic
and utilities, computer documentation. The second disc is
Reinstallation CD: XP home including sp1 The third disc is contents -
Drivers and utilities, drivers, online documentation, modem and hold,
The forth disc reads Application: For reinstalling Dell tools system
software.

Would I just reformat the drive, install xp and then install each one
of those three other discs?
9 answers Last reply
More about quick restore disc dell 2400

    "Dell Software Reinstall Guide - Dimension 2400"
    http://tinyurl.com/6og5p

    Ted Zieglar

    "Nicolas The Great" <tq144@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Does the 2400 come with a quick restore disc? I see there are about
    > five different discs but not one that reads quick restore. If I want
    > to restore the pc back to factory specifications how do I go about it?
    >
    > There is one disc that reads - contents: Device drivers, diagnostic
    > and utilities, computer documentation. The second disc is
    > Reinstallation CD: XP home including sp1 The third disc is contents -
    > Drivers and utilities, drivers, online documentation, modem and hold,
    > The forth disc reads Application: For reinstalling Dell tools system
    > software.
    >
    > Would I just reformat the drive, install xp and then install each one
    > of those three other discs?

    No. It comes with an XP disk and all the software you can reinstall.

    No way to get back to a 'factory image'.

    Tom
    "Nicolas The Great" <tq144@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Does the 2400 come with a quick restore disc? I see there are about
    > five different discs but not one that reads quick restore. If I want
    > to restore the pc back to factory specifications how do I go about it?
    >
    > There is one disc that reads - contents: Device drivers, diagnostic
    > and utilities, computer documentation. The second disc is
    > Reinstallation CD: XP home including sp1 The third disc is contents -
    > Drivers and utilities, drivers, online documentation, modem and hold,
    > The forth disc reads Application: For reinstalling Dell tools system
    > software.
    >
    > Would I just reformat the drive, install xp and then install each one
    > of those three other discs?

    That is not true of systems shipped after mid-July 2004, which have a
    Symantec restore partition on the hard drive, accessible through the boot
    (F12) menu.

    > No. It comes with an XP disk and all the software you can reinstall.
    >
    > No way to get back to a 'factory image'.

    I'll be darned. Even the 2400?

    My March machine did not.

    > I'll be darned. Even the 2400?
    >
    > My March machine did not.

    <snip>

    That is correct. Looks like sometime in the July timeframe. CTL+F11 at boot
    to get to the UI.....

    Stew

    Ok guys, I tried the F12 at boot...that got me into the diagnostics area
    etc. Cntrl F11 just gets "Keyboard error" notice.
    What do I do if I did want to go to the Dell snap shot restore thing?
    Gary

    The PC restore utility is implemeted in systems shipped after July-16.
    It can be accessed by pressing Ctrl+F11 when you see the DELL logo
    during POST.
    It will not work if the MBR is modfed( like debug ).

    Tim.

    "tim" <delltech@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > The PC restore utility is implemeted in systems shipped after July-16.
    > It can be accessed by pressing Ctrl+F11 when you see the DELL logo
    > during POST.
    > It will not work if the MBR is modfed( like debug ).
    >
    > Tim.

    Yep. Or if the original partitions have been deleted, especially the
    utility/diag partition (1).

    Stew

    I have a Dell 4600 that was shipped 8/25/04. However, when I press
    Ctrl + F11 when the DELL splash scree appears nothing happens and the
    computer boots Windows XP. There is a hidden partition, so I now I
    have the restore partition.

    See also:
    http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kb/en/document?dn=1090152&c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19

Dell Drivers Computers