Sign in with
Your question

Overheating HP 630 notebook

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
June 14, 2011 12:22:22 AM

I just bought a new HP 630 notebook from newegg in may and I am having complications due to overheating.
I use it on my desk only, not on a bed where the vent can be covered.
Suddenly the screen starts flashing a bunch of stringy colors, the fan RPM builds up and in 10 seconds it shuts off automatically.
Upon turning on the notebook I get a message that tells me the notebook has automatically shutdown due to overheating.
This has occurred about 7 times, since I have owned it.
There is nothing I can do to provoke the computers symptoms, but let it run idle.
There is nothing I could have possibly done to cause this to occur.
I am using it for internet browsing and typing papers for my english and history classes.
I have contacted HP by phone and all they did was advise me to update a video driver for the notebook.
The notebook is usually sitting in an idle when this happens.
PLEASE HELP!
November 18, 2011 11:29:56 AM

icon31337 said:
I just bought a new HP 630 notebook from newegg in may and I am having complications due to overheating.
I use it on my desk only, not on a bed where the vent can be covered.
Suddenly the screen starts flashing a bunch of stringy colors, the fan RPM builds up and in 10 seconds it shuts off automatically.
Upon turning on the notebook I get a message that tells me the notebook has automatically shutdown due to overheating.
This has occurred about 7 times, since I have owned it.
There is nothing I can do to provoke the computers symptoms, but let it run idle.
There is nothing I could have possibly done to cause this to occur.
I am using it for internet browsing and typing papers for my english and history classes.
I have contacted HP by phone and all they did was advise me to update a video driver for the notebook.
The notebook is usually sitting in an idle when this happens.
PLEASE HELP!

Does your model have 2nd generation intel core i5 processor or the earlier core 2 duo. This problem used to come with the old processor.
m
l
November 18, 2011 1:47:16 PM

I sold it, it is out of sight out of mind
m
l
!