How many XP 1900 exists?

G

I'm trying to build a computer myself, so i'm looking around to find the best configuration.
I think i'll go with an AMD Xp 1900+. I went to check the prices at pricewatch and i was surprised to find a lot of CPU's listed, with prices ranging from 250 to 300 $. Some are Socket A, other Quantispeed Architecture, then there is a vast array of other specs i really don't understand :( !
I just want to know which Xp 1900+ i should buy, and (OT) if the processor is going to limit my choices of mobo as well.
Thanks!

Meow to everybody!

bgates

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2001
There's only one XP 1900+. It is both socket A and features the quantispeed architecture.

If you don't really understand the specs, the only two things you need to know are OEM and Retail. OEM usually comes in a plain box, or just wrapped in bubble wrap...while Retail comes with the Fan/HS and in a retail box. OEM is cheaper and more avalible right now, but you have to buy a seperate HS/Fan and install it yourself.

-¤ Shut the f*ck up or go AMD ¤-

G

Does the HS/fan of the retail version reach 7000 rpm?
Or should i buy it apart?

Thx.

Meow to everybody!

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
The retail fan, is quiet and efficient, if you do not plan to overclock your chip, the retail cpu is both cheaper(than buying a seperate hsf) and will offer you a 3 year warranty. It also is most likely a good deal quieter than most overclocker reccomended heatsink fans. The temps may be in the 50c's but I guarentee that with a stock heatsink, no overclocking, and 1 case fan your athlon will not have a heat issue.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!