  • WEP
  • Macintosh
  • Networking
December 10, 2004 3:36:20 PM

I installed the Wirless-G Base Station MN-700 on my
Windows XP SP2 computer and set up a Security WEP) key
for the network. I was able to set up the Xbox adapter to
connect to the network entering the WEP Key. Works fine
with no errors. My roommate has a MAC and
he is able to see and select the network but it prompts
up a window to enter a password. I've tried entering the
WEP key but it returns as "invalid password". I never set
up any password for my network. I entered the MAC address
for both Xbox and the MAC and checked it to access the
netwrok. The MAC still prompts to enter a password after
entering the WEP key. What do I need to enter?

The WEP key is 26 characters long.

More about : network password

!