POWERLEAP!!!

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
time to upgrade those BH6's! with: <A HREF="http://www.powerleap.com/Products/iP3T.htm" target="_new">powerleap</A>!!!

now there's no reason to suffer instabilities problems and retarded Irq's with AMD/VIA, upgrade to a tualatin+BH6!!!

dust off those boards!

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Wow, spend 170 to upgrade to a CPU that performs less than half as well as CPUs priced $60 less.

Seriously, I did look at these as a posable solution to upgrade my old P2B, but I decided the price/performance wasn't worth it, especialy with several other old parts still in the computer.

It is a nice Slot converter though, and is one of the few still in production.

Chesnuts roasting on an open CPU
Bill Gates nipping at your wallet

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
AMDMeltdown! I bet you my AMD Athlon system is more stable than any Intel system you can build! Why? Because I'm a highly experienced individual who has been programming and building computers since the age of 8 (I'm 15 now). Building a system has nothing to do with the platform (well it does but to a very small degree), it has more to do with experience. An experience individual would know which parts to put together in a PC and would know how they would work and their pros and cons before actually building the system. I've already built a system for one friend (an Athlon system, that worked perfectly since day one). He did have some problems but I went and fixed them all. First of all, his USB Lexmark Z33 wasn't working under Windows 98SE. I automatically knew it was a problem in the BIOS. It was! The USB controller was disabled! Secondly, everything he installed was corrupted and crashed. NO IT WASN'T HIS PROCESSOR! It was his Asus DVD Drive. It was damaged and misread some CDs. He sent it back and got a good one. Now, he has got one of the fastest and most stable systems ever for under $1500 CDN ($1000 USD), believe or not. His specs:

AMD Athlon 1.33GHz overclocked to 1.4GHz
Volcano6CU+ (no other case fans)
256MB PC133 CL2 RAM
IWill KK266 PLus
40GB 7200RPM Western Digital Hard drive
Asus 8X DVD-ROM drive
Asus V7700 GeForce2 GTS 64MB
Acer 20X/10X/40X CD-RW
300W Enermax PSU
Generic case
19" NEC MultiSync 95 Monitor
Wireless Logitech Keyboard and mouse
Lexmark Z33

Not bad at all

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

Where that come from???

-Spuddy

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol:

bentmelchior

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2001
I´m sorry to say but poorly produced hardware has nothing to do with experience. You may be a very experienced rig builder, but sometimes you just end up with a crappy piece of hardware, which has been the result of a poor production.I´m not saying Intel is better than AMD , i´m just trying to say that its hard to protect yourself from crappy hardware. Even the best companies, sometimes make a slip up.

No offense intended.

My rig
P4 1.6ghz s.478
Shuttle av-40 DDR
256MB PC2100 DDR Ram
Geforce2 gts pro 32MB DDR

FatBurger

Illustrious
I bet you my AMD Athlon system is more stable than any Intel system you can build!

Do you realize how ignorant that statement makes you look?

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Well, I know that was crazy what I started blabbering but I've had it with trolls. They're giving the average user a very very wrong impression about hardware. When it comes to anything, generalization is a BAD THING! Saying all AMD products are bad and all Intel products are stable is like saying all Christians bad are and and all Muslims are good or vise versa. THAT IS DEFINITELY WRONG! GENERALIZATION IS A BAD THING. I admit a went a bit overboard but when are trolls going to grow up and stop these meaningless insults and start posting intelligently? Ahhh! I asked for a truce before, but nooo! I'm going crazy. There is a solution to every computer problem! When will people realize that? Sorry for seeming ignorant, but I was hoping to be the opposite. I would like to consider myself open minded, but I've had enough.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by AMD_Man on 11/21/01 06:01 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

tlaughrey

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
Nice try.

I dont really hard my have never crash except the 1 day.
That was a nice try on your part, too. Now what were you trying to say?

As far as AMD Man, don't be too hard on him. He's a teenager and we all know how they can be. He'll settle down eventually.

<i>Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.</i>

eden

Champion
The funny thing is, both me and AMD_Man are teens too... making Meltdown even more inferior....
I do agree with Amd Man though. And yeah Juin went too far in writing, I could not understand anything this time! FatBurger go translate!

jollygrinch

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Building a system has nothing to do with the platform(well it does but to a very small degree), it has more to do with experience.
lol, that's the funniest thing i've heard in a while...well, now jolly, don't be too quick to judge. i've got a little experience...Let's give it a try:

ABRA KADABRA!! ~waves magic wand~

~crickets chirp~

nope, no system. guess i'd better go out and buy those parts after all. good thing the platform doesn't mater, i've got experience. i think i'll solder a cyrix chip to my geforce sdr and run some wires to a socket 7 board. man, this thing is gonna be fast!

no vestige of a beginning, no prospect of an end, when we all disintegrate, it'll all happen again.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
um, you're misinterpreting my logic. If you have experience with hardware, then you'd know what goes together and what doesn't. I have yet to see truly poorly produced hardware in general. A single product under a single certain platform is not cause enough to claim that hardware is bad. 90% of so-called hardware problems are actually driver problems. The other 10% are truly hardware problems but can usually be worked around through software. If you know what goes together, you won't have problems. How would you know? Read popular hardware review sites. This community is a poor place to find truly unbiased advice.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
nope, no system. guess i'd better go out and buy those parts after all. good thing the platform doesn't mater, i've got experience. i think i'll solder a cyrix chip to my geforce sdr and run some wires to a socket 7 board. man, this thing is gonna be fast!
I didn't say anything about performance! I was referring to stability! Well, experience alone obviously isn't enough but a combination of knowledge and experience is necessary. If you disagree with any of my opinion then ask me to elaborate rather than insulting me. I'd greatly appreciate it if you don't make a mockery of me.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
As far as AMD Man, don't be too hard on him. He's a teenager and we all know how they can be. He'll settle down eventually.
Don't you know it's rude to call someone in the third person in a thread they started? hehe. Anyway, what did I do to be insulted? BTW, please don't judge a person by his/her age.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by AMD_Man on 11/21/01 09:04 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
This place? The forum? LoL, overrun by amd trolls. If you say so. How many amd trolls can you name on the level of amdmeltdown and fugger, none.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
That's coming from an Intel troll. I think we should redefine the word troll.

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
>Wow, spend 170 to upgrade to a CPU that performs less than half as well as CPUs priced $60 less.

which CPUs are you refering to? the 1.2 tualatin blows away others in terms of overclocking and stability not to mention it's a .13um chip running cooler than all cpus priced $60 less.

$169 breaks down like this: cpu $100 adaptor $69 which also accepts the P3-S

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

jclw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Anyways... to bring this back on track...

The PowerLeap adapters are going to be great for those people who have older i440BX (or similar) based motherboards and just want a quick and easy upgrade solution. In six months, as the Tuatalin cores drop in price, I'm sure the new slockets will prove their worth.

- JW

tlaughrey

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
Hey, I was sort of sticking up for you. And you didn't start the thread, unless you also go by AMDMeltdown. I don't hate teenagers, by the way, I just like to give them a hard time. All in fun, though. Sounds like you know how to build a good system, just avoid those generalizations. When I turned 15 the first IBM PC had just come out, so I didn't have the same opportunities you have. Things are definitely much better now if you're into DIY.

I'd address the original subject of the thread, but being one of the multitudes of AMD trolls, I don't have much interest in PIII slot/socket converters. If you were wanting one so you can use a Tualatin, I guess you're in luck now. Enjoy!

<i>Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.</i>

G

Face it, dude, Intel sucks! Keep talkin' smack about AMD/VIA. No one's listening!

G

Wow that sure sounds troll like there.

-Spuddy

<font color=red>Being Evil Is Good. Cause I Can Be A Prick And Get Away With It.</font color=red> :lol:

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
For once I agree with spuddy, intel does not suck, the current p4 sucks, but intel as a whole has done alot of good things for the semiconductor industry.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

TRENDING THREADS