The Palm that would not die!!

March 29, 2005 11:48:04 PM

I am getting ready to sell my old Palm VIIx and I removed the batteries.
But today being 24 hours later put them back in for a test and the
memory had not reset. This sounds strange as I thought Palms were
supposed to clear the memory after the batteries were out for a few
minutes. I eventually had to hard reset my Palm.

John
--
Visit the JWPaul travel documentary video website
http://johnw.freeshell.org/JWPaul.com

More about : palm die

Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 30, 2005 12:57:20 AM

John wrote:

> I am getting ready to sell my old Palm VIIx and I removed the batteries.
> But today being 24 hours later put them back in for a test and the
> memory had not reset. This sounds strange as I thought Palms were
> supposed to clear the memory after the batteries were out for a few
> minutes. I eventually had to hard reset my Palm.

ROM or RAM programs?

The removable batteries have nothing to do with ROM.

Notan
March 30, 2005 12:57:21 AM

In article <424A23A0.F591242@ddress.com>, Notan <notan@ddress.com>
wrote:

> John wrote:
> >
> > I am getting ready to sell my old Palm VIIx and I removed the batteries.
> > But today being 24 hours later put them back in for a test and the
> > memory had not reset. This sounds strange as I thought Palms were
> > supposed to clear the memory after the batteries were out for a few
> > minutes. I eventually had to hard reset my Palm.
>
> ROM or RAM programs?
>
> The removable batteries have nothing to do with ROM.
>
> Notan

NO all the data in the unit including all my programs and data did not
die after 24 hours of no batteries!!
--
Visit the JWPaul travel documentary video website
http://johnw.freeshell.org/JWPaul.com
a b } Memory
March 30, 2005 8:50:54 AM

In article <1112154486.c8d7a5f7aaf12502ebf1c691de7f08a1@teranews>,
johnw_94020@yahoo.com says...
> I am getting ready to sell my old Palm VIIx and I removed the batteries.
> But today being 24 hours later put them back in for a test and the
> memory had not reset. This sounds strange as I thought Palms were
> supposed to clear the memory after the batteries were out for a few
> minutes. I eventually had to hard reset my Palm.
>

> John

Do a Hard Reset.
Goto <http://kb.palmone.com&gt; PalmOne Knowledge Library and search by
Solution ID 887 Resetting your device (Soft, System/Warm, Hard, In-
Cradle, Power Down, Battery Disconnect)

--
Jim Anderson
( 8(|) To email me just pull my_finger

John wrote:

> NO all the data in the unit including all my programs and data did not
> die after 24 hours of no batteries!!

Hmmm, the Palm VII's have an internal battery-pack to power the wireless
transmitter. Maybe that will be used to keep it alive?

Regards,
Oliver
Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 31, 2005 1:37:32 AM

I thought from the thread title that this would be about my ex-wife's
money demands.
!