Lian Li Releases new Front Mounted PSU Mini-Tower Chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I'm a bit confused by the design... First off you have hot air venting out the front of the computer. You have the Harddrives getting warm air off the Mobo/CPU/graphic card and whatever rises from the power supply.

Isn't this away to get more heat to the harddrive and increase chances of failure?

"The front vent fan sits directly behind the hard drive bay to help draw air across the installed drives on its way out."

So basically this well help force whatever warm air is in the system to be drawn over/through the drive bay? Not sure I see the logic (especially as the drive bay, and any drives installed in the bay, will be partially obstructing the air flow of the venting fan as well)

G

What's the difference between this and my PC-A05B that I've had for over a year?

FWIW, if you have a longer video card you'll need an additional blower fan (either PCI slot based or the one Lian-Li makes that screws to the back) to keep the video card & everything above it cool.

zads

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
[citation][nom]hmmmm[/nom]You have the Harddrives getting warm air off the Mobo/CPU/graphic card and whatever rises from the power supply.Isn't this away to get more heat to the harddrive and increase chances of failure?"The front vent fan sits directly behind the hard drive bay to help draw air across the installed drives on its way out."So basically this well help force whatever warm air is in the system to be drawn over/through the drive bay? Not sure I see the logic (especially as the drive bay, and any drives installed in the bay, will be partially obstructing the air flow of the venting fan as well)[/citation]

Well, its either hot air from the motherboard/CPU blowing over the hard drives (airflow in this design), or hot air from the hard drives blowing over the motherboard/CPU (conventional case airflow).

[citation][nom]BingoBingo[/nom]What's the difference between this and my PC-A05B that I've had for over a year?FWIW, if you have a longer video card you'll need an additional blower fan (either PCI slot based or the one Lian-Li makes that screws to the back) to keep the video card & everything above it cool.[/citation]

I think the only difference is in drive bay mounting.. that's the only difference I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS