Wireless range expander

Is there a range expander that will work with the MN-700
router? The Linksys wireless-G is not working.
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless range expander

    Hi,

    Unfortunately there isn't any external antenna/signal booster available that
    can be added on to the Wireless Base Station to improve the signal strength.
    You can however purchase an additional Access point and run a ethernet cable
    to it from your old MN-700 to provide additional areas of your workspace
    with wireless coverage.

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    "Alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a range expander that will work with the MN-700
    > router? The Linksys wireless-G is not working.

    Greetings,

    I too have that same problem. I live in an apartment
    complex with a lot of WiFi stuff that is all WEP Encrypted
    and I get a lot of interference. So, I bought the WRE54G
    Wireless Expander from Linksys. I was told it would work
    with anything, however, by checking Linksys' website out,
    I noticed that the Microsoft router needs to support a
    Wireless Distribution System (WDS).

    Does anyone know if the Microsoft router supports this?
    I've tried setting up the expander and it's software, but
    the software can never find my network, even though I'm
    connected to it.

    Thanks for any help.

    No, the Microsoft devices do not support WDS. Since they've discontinued
    the products, they're what they are at the current time.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "cf" <cfranzen@wrex.com> wrote in message
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I too have that same problem. I live in an apartment
    > complex with a lot of WiFi stuff that is all WEP Encrypted
    > and I get a lot of interference. So, I bought the WRE54G
    > Wireless Expander from Linksys. I was told it would work
    > with anything, however, by checking Linksys' website out,
    > I noticed that the Microsoft router needs to support a
    > Wireless Distribution System (WDS).
    >
    > Does anyone know if the Microsoft router supports this?
    > I've tried setting up the expander and it's software, but
    > the software can never find my network, even though I'm
    > connected to it.
    >
    > Thanks for any help.

Routers Wireless Hardware Linksys Microsoft Networking