Wireless range expander

Last response: in Networking
Share
December 10, 2004 7:19:37 PM

Is there a range expander that will work with the MN-700
router? The Linksys wireless-G is not working.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 10, 2004 10:49:53 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately there isn't any external antenna/signal booster available that
can be added on to the Wireless Base Station to improve the signal strength.
You can however purchase an additional Access point and run a ethernet cable
to it from your old MN-700 to provide additional areas of your workspace
with wireless coverage.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"Alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a range expander that will work with the MN-700
> router? The Linksys wireless-G is not working.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 11, 2004 1:15:29 PM

Greetings,

I too have that same problem. I live in an apartment
complex with a lot of WiFi stuff that is all WEP Encrypted
and I get a lot of interference. So, I bought the WRE54G
Wireless Expander from Linksys. I was told it would work
with anything, however, by checking Linksys' website out,
I noticed that the Microsoft router needs to support a
Wireless Distribution System (WDS).

Does anyone know if the Microsoft router supports this?
I've tried setting up the expander and it's software, but
the software can never find my network, even though I'm
connected to it.

Thanks for any help.

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
December 11, 2004 1:53:17 PM

No, the Microsoft devices do not support WDS. Since they've discontinued
the products, they're what they are at the current time.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

!