Persistent Windows 7 boot issues

fishsicles

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2011
Several days ago, my Windows 7 system (specs below) began to choke on a series of boot loader errors; namely, the complete loss (seemingly to corruption) of BOOTMGR and the resulting inability to start. The computer boots and runs from the install disc fine, and generally seems to work until I specifically tell it to shut down (restarting worked fine, at least on the most recent install). I have attempted to reinstall repeatedly, with each install experiencing the same issue.

I did not get this error for several weeks after setting up the computer, but it has happened repeatedly in the last several days. I am not specifically sure what changed, as I had not installed any new software during that time, nor had I changed the hardware configuration.

Specs:
* Boot Drive: Intel Hardware RAID Controller RS2WC040 attached to 4 OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD2-1VTX30GXXX SSDs in RAID 0
* Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+
* RAM: 4 sticks of CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB DDR3
* CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

I have reinstalled my system several times, but it always eventually dies on reboot. Boot repair simply tells me that most of my drive's boot sector is corrupt. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong here?