Sign in with
Your question

Free antivirus

Last response: in Windows 7
February 10, 2013 5:38:22 AM

Hello,
What is or is there a 100% free antivirus available,don't mean download something then days later gotta pay

More about : free antivirus

February 10, 2013 6:34:59 AM

AVG Basic Protection is 100% free and offers the essential protection you need. I use it on my laptop and desktop and haven't had any issues with it.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 10, 2013 7:10:23 AM

Or there's Avast as well.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 10, 2013 7:12:07 AM

bitdefender currently holds the top spot and they do have a free version. avg are up and down as far as catch rate goes. personally i have used avira for the last 4 years in combo with payed versions of malware bytes and emsi soft antimalware.
both combos have given me 100% infection free use and i download a lot of stuff... upwards of 25gigs a night every night. not many av's can stand up to that kind of punishment. then again the weakest point in most antiviruses is sitting at the keyboard.(unless your using microsoft essentials... then you may as well jut remove your fire wall and antivirus for what use it is...
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 10, 2013 9:42:12 AM

I have used nothing but Microsoft security essentials (100% free download fro Microsoft)on my windows 7 PC right from launch and have never had any issues. I check every now and then with malware bytes and it has found nothing there that was missed.

I used to use Kaspersky paid as I was tired of AVG giving false positives and missing stuff. However MSE does just as good a job in my experience and is free.

I agree that the user is most often the weak point, but can only speak as I find as far as MSE goes and for me (I don't do stupid dodgy searches) its been rock solid.

Mactronix :) 
m
l
February 20, 2013 3:15:47 AM

easye43 said:
Hello,
What is or is there a 100% free antivirus available,don't mean download something then days later gotta pay

I would suggest you to go with comodo antivirus
http://antivirus.comodo.com/
Here is the link you can download it!
m
l
!