Sign in with
Your question

OMG, Intel ad on THG main page

Last response: in CPUs
November 26, 2001 11:21:10 PM

I just noticed new Intel banner on THG front page. AMD is gonna be pissed.

<font color=red>Better, faster, smarter.</font color=red>
November 26, 2001 11:32:10 PM

What's a banner. AS rules.
November 26, 2001 11:32:38 PM

possibly...
but ive seen both amd and intel ads on the front page, so its probably first in best dressed or somethin like that. or take it in turns lol

Excuse me for a moment. I need to drive my ergonomic wheely chair over a sheet of bubble wrap!
Related resources
November 27, 2001 12:04:36 AM

I saw in ad in a flyer about how p4 helps you transfer digital photo's off your camara easier. So it must be smarter

AMD = Anger Management Disorder
November 27, 2001 12:31:24 AM

It's the 'politically correct' thing to do...woo woo...you know the equal time BS.

THG has become more unbiased, especially in light of how they slammed AMD on the heat protection issue. (Anything there you didn't already know?)

I don't think THG is biased when it comes to ads. Who ever pays gets the space...it's the capitalistic thing to do.

:smile: He's 31 this year. Last year he was 30 <i>David Coleman</i>
November 27, 2001 12:59:01 AM

Quote:
I saw in ad in a flyer about how p4 helps you transfer digital photo's off your camara easier. So it must be smarter

Yeah, sure....and an AMD processor will allow you break the light barrier.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor
November 27, 2001 1:12:40 AM

actually it's more likely they use an ad agency to take care of the ads.. And they will post ads for anyone who pays them enough money (and has the right target audience)

AMD = Anger Management Disorder
November 27, 2001 1:18:44 AM

yeah... doubleclick.net aint it?

generally processor adverts are pure bunkum...

"enrich your digital experience"
huh? wtf?
arnt my 1's and 0's allready enriched?
lol

Excuse me for a moment. I need to drive my ergonomic wheely chair over a sheet of bubble wrap!
November 27, 2001 2:07:29 AM

Your 1's are wilting a bit--it looks like they're lacking vitamins D, E, and A. Your 0's seem to have a calcium deficiency... :wink:

Kelledin
<A HREF="http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/" target="_new">LFS</A>: "You don't eat or sleep or mow the lawn; you just hack your distro all day long."
November 27, 2001 2:51:55 AM

hmm, FUGGER gone for a while, raystonn gone for a while, raystonn makes a post, FUGGER makes a post, conspiracy? :tongue:
November 27, 2001 1:41:21 PM

?

Faceoff???

<font color=red>No system is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>
November 27, 2001 2:48:43 PM

Hmmm nah, I doubt it. It's possible, but I'd have to see something more solid to believe Raystonn would do something so low, or create such an infantile second personality. It could be the other way around (FUGGER being the original), but I doubt FUGGER's able to behave in such a civilized and professional manner as Raystonn.

Kelledin
<A HREF="http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/" target="_new">LFS</A>: "You don't eat or sleep or mow the lawn; you just hack your distro all day long."
!