How hot is too hot for a T-Bird?

G

OK, so I've got that craptacular ECS board, the K7S5A and I'm having the 133/133 you may have heard of.

Anyway, in a nutshell, my comp works like a beauty at 100/133 (My 1.4 T-Bird down to 1.05) but would crash if I looked at it the wrong way at 133/133.

So I added 2 monster case fans, upgraded to a Dragon Orb 3 and put a Compunurse on the CPU (temp probe).

She finally works, but even idle, the Compunurse tells me she's running at 60 degrees! (The BIOS says only 50 or so.. but I don't trust it).

Is 60 acceptable? Should I be worried? Or should I ditch the board and maybe grab myself a new KT266a board? Anyone have an opinion on the new Soyo or Soltek btw..

OK, thanks everyone.

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources"
- Albert Einstein

Ed_Phoon

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If your system running stable, complete benchmark test, running 3d game without problem, then it's ok.
If you're living in 'hot' place like me (Singapore), with room temparature of 29~32degree C, then 60 degree C is normal for TBird 1.4

G

Thanks guys..

OK, 32C is pretty hot, only I'm in Canada and we're getting close to winter..

It does run pretty stable I guess (crashes if it hits 70 though), I was just making sure I'm not gonna damage anything.

- Corri

"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources"
- Albert Einstein