Connecting to base station w/ non-Microsoft adapter?

I recently purchased a tablet PC and I would like to link
it to my home network. I have the Microsoft base station
and my other laptop has a Microsoft wireless adapter.
The laptop connects just fine, however, my Tablet PC has
an internal Intel wireless adapter. I have a strong
signal strength to my LAN but I can't connect to the
internet - how do I fix that?
Thanks for your reply.
3 answers Last reply
More about connecting base station microsoft adapter

    Dustin, this really is a question for the microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc
    newsgroup, however first make sure you've actually turned on the wireless.
    Depending on which model Tablet PC you own, there may be a switch or button
    to enable the wireless.

    Then go into Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Services and scroll down the
    list to nearly the bottom where you'll see Wireless Zero Configuration.
    Right-click the entry, then select Properties. On the General tab, set the
    Startup type to Automatic, then under Service Status, tap the Start button.
    Tap Apply and then OK your way out, and restart the system.

    Then go into Network Connections (could be on your Start Menu, or available
    in Control Panel), and you should see the installed networking devices
    listed, including Wireless Network Connection, which you can right-click and
    select Properties to see your settings. Generally, you just set everything
    to accept the feed from the router, but may need to put the WEP or WPA key
    in before you can connect.

    Also, right-click My Computer, select Properties and then go to the Computer
    Name tab and you'll note a Workgroup listing. If it doesn't match that of
    your network, tap the Change button, and on the resulting page you'll see
    where you can change it.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Dustin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently purchased a tablet PC and I would like to link
    > it to my home network. I have the Microsoft base station
    > and my other laptop has a Microsoft wireless adapter.
    > The laptop connects just fine, however, my Tablet PC has
    > an internal Intel wireless adapter. I have a strong
    > signal strength to my LAN but I can't connect to the
    > internet - how do I fix that?
    > Thanks for your reply.

    Thank you - that helped.

    Very good. If you have any Tablet PC issues, please feel free to join us in
    the newsgroup I posted previously.
    --

    > Thank you - that helped.

Routers Tablets Microsoft Wireless Adapter Networking