Sign in with
Your question

No sound when plugging in headphones

Last response: in Windows 7
February 10, 2013 9:50:34 AM

Hello,

I have a strange problem which occurred without changing anything.
As soon as I plug my headphones in, the sound stop from integrated speakers (normal behavior) BUT no sound comes from the headphones either. However the realtek driver detects that headphones were plugged in and gauges are moving as if sound was working.
Obviously the headphones are working on other devices and I don't think it's hardware related because everything works well in Linux.

Any idea? I already reinstalled drivers, tried with default drivers etc..
I read on some boards that deactivating the jack detections might help but I have not this option in the realtek driver.
March 18, 2013 6:11:16 AM

teribilis said:
Hello,

I have a strange problem which occurred without changing anything.
As soon as I plug my headphones in, the sound stop from integrated speakers (normal behavior) BUT no sound comes from the headphones either. However the realtek driver detects that headphones were plugged in and gauges are moving as if sound was working.
Obviously the headphones are working on other devices and I don't think it's hardware related because everything works well in Linux.

Any idea? I already reinstalled drivers, tried with default drivers etc..
I read on some boards that deactivating the jack detections might help but I have not this option in the realtek driver.

Hi! I have exactly the same problem. Were you able t solve it?
I've reinstalled drivers, deleted recently installed programs and nothing helps.
If you have solution could you post it here, please?
m
l
Related resources
!