Problems sharing internet connection

Last response: in Networking
a b D Laptop
December 12, 2004 3:25:03 PM

Hi:
I am running a XP Home PC with two NIC cards. The primary Connection is
attached to a cox cable modem and the other I want to use to connect a laptop
to the main computer. Laptop is running XP professional. Each computer can
see each other and share files, etc. However, the laptop (client) cannot
connect to the internet. Any thoughts what may be a solution? I tried
bridging the connections, but am told a connection that is internet sharing
cannot be bridged.

Thanks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
December 12, 2004 3:46:52 PM

You can't bridge the cards, but do need to use Internet Connection Sharing
to be "networked" in your situation. Check in Help and Support for the
details on ICS, and if you need further help, you should post to the
microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web newsgroup which supports general
networking questions. This newsgroup supports Microsoft Broadband
Networking hardware devices and related software.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

!