Problems sharing internet connection

Hi:
I am running a XP Home PC with two NIC cards. The primary Connection is
attached to a cox cable modem and the other I want to use to connect a laptop
to the main computer. Laptop is running XP professional. Each computer can
see each other and share files, etc. However, the laptop (client) cannot
connect to the internet. Any thoughts what may be a solution? I tried
bridging the connections, but am told a connection that is internet sharing
cannot be bridged.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about problems sharing internet connection

    You can't bridge the cards, but do need to use Internet Connection Sharing
    to be "networked" in your situation. Check in Help and Support for the
    details on ICS, and if you need further help, you should post to the
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web newsgroup which supports general
    networking questions. This newsgroup supports Microsoft Broadband
    Networking hardware devices and related software.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Terzogenito" <Terzogenito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi:
    > I am running a XP Home PC with two NIC cards. The primary Connection is
    > attached to a cox cable modem and the other I want to use to connect a
    > laptop
    > to the main computer. Laptop is running XP professional. Each computer
    > can
    > see each other and share files, etc. However, the laptop (client) cannot
    > connect to the internet. Any thoughts what may be a solution? I tried
    > bridging the connections, but am told a connection that is internet
    > sharing
    > cannot be bridged.
    >
    > Thanks

Routers Laptops Connection Internet Connection Networking