Athlon XP and Antec

ok so i finally made that leap. From my slow ass duron 750 to a sweet athlon XP 1600+ 1.4ghz. Should increase my system performance by 100%. but it don't end there. i'm gonna try and raise the fsb to 150 that should give me close to 2000+. i have the RAM (pc2400) for it we'll see if the north bridge can handle it.

Also for those looking for a case and have the money, oh do i have the case for you!

it's called Antec SX1040B SOHO file server case. Here's the deal. The side opens up like a hinge and comes off. No more hassels of having trying to get the stupid thing on and off. and get this, it has a lever you can just push and comes right off. Got pesky kids? well you can now lock them out completely. that lever i was talking about, it locks! so don't have to worry about that pesky kid always in your computer. Got people using your computer when you don't want them to? this case has a lock for the front panel and covers all the bays. looks pretty sweet too when it's closed! In the case is just beautiful! super roomy and you can hug your cables behind the two 3-1/2 trays for maximum airflow. Those 2 3-1/2 trays have a latch on them! just push the latch back and comes right out! the easiest case i have ever had to deal with. Oh did i mention the 400watt powersupply? performance wise, well get this:

with my old case my duron ran 45 degrees about and my case temp was 35. ya given this full tower case sucks. With the new case cpu temp is 33 and has been for 2 days strait now, and case temp is 22 degrees. all in celsius.

You can get it at www.emscomputing.com for 109! 130 total with ground shipping. takes 5-6 days. it did take ems a week to process my order so order from them at your own risk. check price grabber!

cya'z

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
speaking of emscomputing, that place is a joke. this past summer i ordered a new full tower (in-win q500). well it took them almost a week and half to actually ship the order (and yes it was instock), then i get the case, finally, right case, but wrong psu! i ordered it with a 400w, got a 350w. so i called them and told them what was going on and that i'd send back the psu and send me out a 400. well they "can't" do that. and they wanted me to pay to ship it back. stay away, stay far away.

I agree! took these a week to ship my order. Gave me the excuse they were upgrading the ordering software lol.

but it was a 109 bucks everywhere else it was 145. so a saving of like 80 bucks (the shipping would also be high anywhere else) so i thought to give them a try anyway. but ya never again! lol! you are right on that. even still other vedors have it and it's a really really nice case and what i paid for it? i basicily stole it! lol

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

dhlucke

Polypheme
I bought my 1040sx there too and it took them a bit over a week to get it to me, but their price was insanely lower than everyone else.

The case is sweet. Current CPU temp is 34C, but it's still going to rise a bit more to 36C. Even under full stress my CPU only hits 41C now. And I only have the stock fans and a $9 HSF (6Cu).

The locks aren't much of a locking mechanism as a deterent though. You could rip the front door off if you wanted to.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

oh ya i agree with the front panel. You could rip it off. However who would want to do that? Those people who actually NEED the security would pay a lot more then 130 dollars for a case. So you have to exclude them they don't count because they would spend a 1000 dollars on a secure case. This case is meant for the home user. So what it is meant for the front panel that locks is more then sufficent. Kids could never rip that open. If a teenager ever did the dad would know. SO it's fine really.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Exactly, it's a deterant.

This case has everything that a home user could ever want.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

yep that it is.

This case is the easiest case i've had to deal with and i delt with a lot of cases! This case is definitly a keeper for a long time. Finally found a computer i'm happy with. Lol, just need my xp 1600+ (1.4ghz) chip and i'm all set! for awhile. Might not need to upgrade for a good 2 years! imagine that (so i have been upgrading every year).