What are you most looking forward to in 2002 ?

mr_gobbledegook

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2001
Well the year is at an end so for all you hardware freaks I thought I'd do a poll on what you are most looking forward to in 2002...here is my top 5.

1. AMD Hammer
2. Intel Northwood
3. Nforce 2 motherboards
4. Affordable large TFT/LCD screens ? (just a dream at the moment)
5. Next Gen Nividia graphic cards.

<font color=purple>~* K6-2 @ 333MHz *~
I don't need a 'Gigahertz' chip to surf the web just yet ;-)</font color=purple>

G

I am most looking forward to whooping your sorry ass next year when Intel reclaims the performance crown and Hammer becomes a total failure.

Troll I hear you say ??! *iss off and back to Harry Potter land if you want to see a real troll.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
LoL, run along loser, your mindless posts are ignored in this forum.

I am looking forward to a newer higher paying job after fujitsu closed down.

"The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark"
No Overclock+stock hsf=GOOD!

G

i want to have SE* opps... this topic is not about computer?!?!?

mr_gobbledegook

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2001
Jeez some people have some serious problems, I don't know why you bother.

<font color=purple>~* K6-2 @ 333MHz *~
I don't need a 'Gigahertz' chip to surf the web just yet ;-)</font color=purple>

G

I'm looking forward to seeing you face when you realise just how wrong you are.

Plus i'm looking forward to financial stability and a fun packed life.

<font color=purple><b>Techie2001</font color=purple></b>
<i>(Forum Techie)</i>

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
hmm, I'm looking forward to both the Hammer and the Northwood. Although the Hammer and the Northwood are not comparable, the Northwood is coming out at the beginning of the year and Hammer at the end. Both products should provide excellent performance for the price.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

FatBurger

Illustrious
1. AMD Hammer
2. Intel Northwood
3. Nforce 2 motherboards
4. Affordable large TFT/LCD screens ? (just a dream at the moment)
5. Next Gen Nividia <font color=red>and ATI</font color=red> graphic cards.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

pr497

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
less trolls...
oh...and better drivers for the R8500...

I don't claim to know anything about everything, I just tell people what I know.
-PSB

FatBurger

Illustrious
I'm not trying to make it fair, I'm just honestly interested in both. If you're only interested in nVidia, I have no problem with that.

But I'll agree with the "less trolls" statement.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>

eden

Champion
Well your list sums most of my desires to but not in the same order though, and I am interested in the LCD one. However I wish they could overcome the disadvantages of them, such as the viewing angle that we all despise, and 3D Stereo gameplay not working on them.
I'd also like to see ATI in it.
I am sure next year is gonna be a really wild one, each company is gonna launch its products we all wanted and it seems that we are approaching the era of ultimate computing!
I can't wait!
Creeper you suck.

zengeos

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2001
I was looking forward to a new, higher paying job THIS year, but that never materialized :/ So, I put that high on my list next year, right along with smooth sale of my apartment building AND the smooth purchase of the new place in early January.

On the tech side...

I'm interested in both Hammer AND T-bred. Northwood will be interesting to see. I'm wondering how much ahead of AMD Intel will be in their .13 shrink. If anything, AMD's transition schedule is more aggressive than Intel's, what with .13 THEN .13 AND SOI by end of 2002. If they remain even close to their current roadmap, it should be interesting to watch.

Mark-

When all else fails, throw your computer out the window!!!

G

i am looking forward AMD hammer new video cards, new processors from intel, etc

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm looking forward to 1.5+ ghz mobile PIII...
besides that, I'm fairly happy with my computers...

----------------------
Independant thought is good.
It won't hurt for long.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
what im lookin for...

northwood (if its good)
thouroughbred/barton/hammer (whatever comes out)
PC3200 DDR(400), and/or DDR II
10k RPM IDE drives (i can wish cant i?)
multiple laser beam cd/dvd/burners.

Excuse me for a moment. I need to drive my ergonomic wheely chair over a sheet of bubble wrap!

pike

Splendid
Nov 10, 2001
Let's seeeeee:

- Southwood (only if it takes nails well)
- The Axe (because hammers don't cut wood very well)
- Warp Drives (Now were talking ffffffffast)
- SDR (Sextuple Data Ram) opps! did i say that sex

Sorry, didn't take my pills yet, and it shows.

Anonymous

dhlucke

Polypheme
I'm looking forward to Intel getting the serial port and floppy connector off the motherboard so that we can finally move forward. I can't believe how long it took.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

pike

Splendid
Nov 10, 2001
On a more sober note:

Would like to see better organized recovery services for old pc , boxes, components you name it.
As it is, at my water treatment plant, we have loads of old 14 inch monitors, 386, etc all staked here and there and noboby seems to know what to do with them.
I even have a working 486-66 and i don't even know what to do with it.
Gave two 486 to my brother, now he does'nt know what to do with them.
There's toxic metals in there as you all know.

I know there are some places, but what i'm saying is , too few !

Danny

dhlucke

Polypheme
It's difficult with PC's, but with cabinet servers and larger systems there are people who make millions (hundreds of millions really) off the metals in there. They scrap the components and pick the gold, silver, and platinum out of there. It's a very specialized but very lucrative business.

Also, you get companies in the aerospace industry for example who throw out systems with chips in there that are each worth a couple hundred dollars. The people who scrap the systems pick those chips out and sell them to others who can use them.

It's not really an ethical way to do business but at least we don't just dump everything in a big pile when it can still be used.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

charliec2uk

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
How about Serial ATA and 3GIO, which, if you believe the design specifications lokk set to really jumpstart all that paraphinalia around the southbridge. Oh, and Tomatoes with wheels.

Did you know there never was there ever a cat so clever as magical Mr. Mistoffeles?

charliec2uk

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2001
How about Serial ATA and 3GIO, which, if you believe the design specifications lokk set to really jumpstart all that paraphinalia around the southbridge. Oh, and Tomatoes with wheels.

And wait, check the the brand new BMW 7 series. Slightly of topic but it is crammed to the gunwhales with hi-tech kit. I-drive I think they are calling it.

Charlie

Did you know there never was there ever a cat so clever as magical Mr. Mistoffeles?