Sign in with
Your question

Alienware m17x r3 DRIVERS

Last response: in Windows 7
February 10, 2013 6:41:29 PM

I have a Dell Alienware m17x r3 laptop.

I just reformatted into Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

The internet will not work!!!!

I went to BOTH these websites and downloaded every NETWORK driver and installed them onto it via USB

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/supp...

when you click anything it says:

We're sorry...
Details for this driver are currently unavailable. Please try again later.

AND this one where i downloaded the drivers....which seemed to work, but still no internet

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/Product/al...

NONE WORK!!!

i went to the device manager on my computer and it says that the Atheros AR8151 is installed, but still no internet connection

Ive been at it for 2 days, none of the drivers work!!!

can somebody send/upload me a link to a driver or even how to get back to my original desktop like a recovery, anything to get back online!!!!

NOTHING I TRY WORKSS!!!!!!!!

DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG PEOPLE? mayeb i installed them wrong?? please helpppp me!!!....

is there something in the bios, some other driver i need to install first, something.....

More about : alienware m17x drivers

February 10, 2013 8:03:39 PM

Dell sent you a disc with the PC. Install the drivers from that.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 10, 2013 8:19:56 PM

Instead of selecting by model, use your service tag so you can see which devices that you bought instead of just trying to install them all, that can cause all sorts of issues. The other way to check is look at the detailed build report from when you bought it and all the correct devices will be listed that are in it.

Also, before installing the drivers, install the Intel chipset driver.

You cannot do a recovery if you deleted the existing partitions and then formatted and did a new install, is that what you did?

Nothing is damaged, whenever I buy a Dell laptop (1-2 a year) I always delete all the partitions and put a clean Windows 7 install of to be sure there is no cr@pware on there.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
February 10, 2013 8:49:25 PM

Maybe it's not a driver problem...

Virus? Or bad network config? Firewall config?
m
l
February 10, 2013 8:52:25 PM

Plug it into ethernet. Next, go to start, type "device manager" hit enter. In the manager, find the section "network adapters" and expand it by clicking the area. Right click each option and hit "update driver software."

Or, like I said before, use the drivers that came with the computer. I know for a fact Dell ships software discs with every single Alienware.
m
l
February 11, 2013 12:38:50 AM

MC_K7 said:
Maybe it's not a driver problem...

Virus? Or bad network config? Firewall config?

How could it be a Virus if I just reformatted?
m
l
February 11, 2013 12:39:16 AM

Apanzee said:
Plug it into ethernet. Next, go to start, type "device manager" hit enter. In the manager, find the section "network adapters" and expand it by clicking the area. Right click each option and hit "update driver software."

Or, like I said before, use the drivers that came with the computer. I know for a fact Dell ships software discs with every single Alienware.

I dont have te CD
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 11, 2013 1:11:00 AM

I have an M17xR3. The wireless card in that device is natively supported by Windows 7 and Windows 8, no additional drivers are necessary. Make sure that it's turned on in the system setup.
m
l
February 11, 2013 1:12:45 AM

Pinhedd said:
I have an M17xR3. The wireless card in that device is natively supported by Windows 7 and Windows 8, no additional drivers are necessary. Make sure that it's turned on in the system setup.

How, i went to the BIOS and it said netwrok is on? It even said Atheros AR8151 is installed on device manager?

can you tell what to do please!
m
l
February 11, 2013 1:15:19 AM

pianopeter55 said:
I dont have te CD

Not trying to be rude, but that definitely sounds like a personal problem. They ship a software disc with each and every Alienware. You could call customer support and request a new one, or ask for help selecting the correct drivers. There's currently three generations of m17x and two of m18x. Different drivers for each version.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 11, 2013 1:20:02 AM

pianopeter55 said:
How, i went to the BIOS and it said netwrok is on? It even said Atheros AR8151 is installed on device manager?

can you tell what to do please!

The Atheros AR8151 is the Ethernet connection, not the wifi connection.

The wireless controller should be an Intel Centrino Ultimate N 6300
m
l
February 11, 2013 1:24:41 AM

Or Killer Wireless + Bluetooth 4.0.
Depending on the build options.

As I said though they ship a software disc with each PC. It's worth at least looking for it. Or calling Dell and requesting another incase it's needed again in the future.
m
l
February 11, 2013 1:36:39 AM

Apanzee said:
Or Killer Wireless + Bluetooth 4.0.
Depending on the build options.

As I said though they ship a software disc with each PC. It's worth at least looking for it. Or calling Dell and requesting another incase it's needed again in the future.

Im just trying to find a different option in-case i cant get the CD
m
l
February 11, 2013 1:37:25 AM

Pinhedd said:

Is there anyway you can upload the network drivers onto like mediafire and send me them please?
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 11, 2013 1:42:54 AM

pianopeter55 said:
Is there anyway you can upload the network drivers onto like mediafire and send me them please?

The driver's for that already come with Windows. You can also find them on Dell's website and Intel's website.

As Apanzee pointed out, there's also another wireless adapter that was available at construction time (I believe the Intel one was more expensive) which Windows may not support natively.
m
l
February 11, 2013 1:46:03 AM

Pinhedd said:
The driver's for that already come with Windows. You can also find them on Dell's website and Intel's website.

As Apanzee pointed out, there's also another wireless adapter that was available at construction time (I believe the Intel one was more expensive) which Windows may not support natively.

can you post some download links for the intel abd dell ones please, the ones on dell website dont seem to work, maybe i was on the wrong page.
m
l
February 11, 2013 1:50:41 AM

Press Start, type "device manager" and press enter.

Find the "network adapters" and click it to open the dropdown. There should be 2 or 3 entries there. What are they? Can't help you find these drivers if you don't supply the exact kind of network adapter.
m
l
February 11, 2013 3:25:57 AM

You have all sorts of unknown devices on there - stuff that Windows doesn't have native drivers for. Why exactly did you reformat and re-install Windows without the software disc from Dell?

I'm guessing though, that it's a Bigfoot Killer Wireless card.

First of all download and save this to a USB stick or DVD: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDeta...

Next, do a recovery using System Restore. Open start, type "system restore" and hit enter. Follow the on-screen instructions carefully and select the recovery point closest to when you installed Windows.

When it's done recovering, install that driver from the USB/DVD.
m
l
!