Sign in with
Your question

AVAST PRO ANTIVIRUS STOP WORKING

Last response: in Windows 7
February 10, 2013 7:06:01 PM

Hello, without warning the avast program stopped working, Per their tech support I have to pay $119 to have then clean up my computer so the Avast Pro can work again. Something to do with incompatibility with windows 7 and several broken files on my computer. Not a techie but to me this is B.s
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
February 10, 2013 7:09:31 PM

Hi :) 

You are correct..it IS ...B.S

Go buy Norton Internet Security 2013 ..

I fix viruses EVERY day at my shops, and highly recommend it...

All the best Brett :) 
a b 8 Security
a b $ Windows 7
February 10, 2013 7:21:17 PM

Are you using Avast Pro, or the free version? If you're using the free version, yes, you would likely have to pay if you want their tech support.

However, you shouldn't need their tech support to resolve the issue. There is no compatibility issues with Avast and windows 7. That was garbage rhetoric. First just try uninstalling, and reinstalling Avast. If your install is damaged, that should fix it.
Related resources
February 11, 2013 3:28:16 AM

If you use the free verison try with the paid, or else if you are not satisfied then you can go with some other good antiviruses ...
February 12, 2013 5:55:57 AM

elmina said:
Hello, without warning the avast program stopped working, Per their tech support I have to pay $119 to have then clean up my computer so the Avast Pro can work again. Something to do with incompatibility with windows 7 and several broken files on my computer. Not a techie but to me this is B.s

Good morning,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I manage all of the support and service call centers for Avast, and I can assure you that this is not commonplace nor should it have happened in this way.
To be clear, if you called with an Avast issue, or issue caused by Avast then you should have received free support; if however the issue was not Avast related, but was another software/ operating system problem then you should have been 'offered' a premium, paid service - for which one of our qualified, experienced techs would remote to your computer and resolve the issue.

All of that said, if you feel that you were incorrectly charged for the service please could I ask you to email me directly at riley@avast.com with details of the time/date of your call and the email address / phone number used for the interaction and I will work with you to ensure you become a happy customer once again.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,
Adam Riley
Manager, Global Services
Avast Software
!