scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
damn. stpid cable whent out of bussines. do any of you other guys have this problem with ATT? what does this have anything to do with cpus, i don't know. damn.

<font color=red><b><i>you</i> keep talking i'll pretend i'm listening.</b></font color=red>

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
It has absolutely jack to do with CPUs...but it annoys the hell out of me as well. I had to go from uncapped cable to dial-up. Oh the pain. :frown:

I suspect this is a maneuver by AT&T to make Excite cry uncle. The way the negotiations were going, someone had to do it...Excite shareholders were demanding far more for the Excite@home assets than anyone was willing to pay. :mad:

Kelledin
<A HREF="http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/" target="_new">LFS</A>: "You don't eat or sleep or mow the lawn; you just hack your distro all day long."

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
why excite is shutting down?! i'm on excite@home (still), hope nothing goes wrong, i for one would sell my computer before going back to dialup :(

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
Well, regardless of what happened to Excite@home you can bet it will cost all of us more money.

<font color=blue>Remember. You get what you pay for. :smile: All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :wink:

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
well, excite is comcast's provider here in michigan. the weird thing is, they bought out mediaone here about 3-4 months ago. now just last month they raised prices by $9!! and finally service might be shutting down? wtf!

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
wow how the hell did you uncap your modem???? i have been trying for two years. do you own the motorola 4200s?

<font color=red><b><i>you</i> keep talking i'll pretend i'm listening.</b></font color=red>