Yikes! Gobbeldygook central! (itanium)

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
have a look here...
its about what you can call an itanium...
if someone can read this thru without loosing their mind, please tell me!
<A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/01120102.htm" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/01120102.htm</A>

Excuse me for a moment. I need to drive my ergonomic wheely chair over a sheet of bubble wrap!

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
my, my, you look so surprised! all major manufactures give instructions to retailers on how to call or refer to their products, this is a very common procedure.

wake up!

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
i just didnt expect them to be so.... anal about it LOL.

im sure if someone tried hard they could cut that back to about 5-10 lines of NON-laywer speak :)

Excuse me for a moment. I need to drive my ergonomic wheely chair over a sheet of bubble wrap!

vader1882

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2001
Why?
Does intel have a problem with not using nouns and adjectives correctly?

:cool: <font color=orange> intel amd the ultimate deathmatch</font color=orange>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hmmmm

itanium. a thing. a type of chip.
looks noun-ish to me

then again...

as a verb:
well Itanium me!

or an adjective:
my, your looking itanium today :)

lol

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
if that came from a legal document, it's no wonder intel's chips are priced so high. they have to pay top dollar to lawyers that have nothing better to do.

mr_gobbledegook

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2001
Yep all corporations have strict naming regulations for thier products its nothing new.

Whole 100 page docments are often published by like companies on the 'dos' and 'don'ts' of product advertisng and naming.
I'm sure AMD have similar documents relating to thier 'PR' scheme/naming.

What I can't believe is that there are people in companies who do this for a living and devote days and weeks thinking this stuff up !

<font color=purple>~* K6-2 @ 333MHz *~
I don't need a 'Gigahertz' chip to surf the web just yet ;-)</font color=purple>