The Opposite of Powerful Build

I've been considering a smaller race with a trait similar in concept to
Powerful Build, but going the other way (Slight Build?). A race that, while
officially medium, gains many of the advantages of being a small creature
(+1 to AC and AB, +4 to Hide, etc) while keeping base speed of 30 ft, using
medium weapons, and the like. Would this be enough to give a race a +1 LA?

--
==========
Are you a RPG Player?

"Getting it on with a Saudi prince, it does
have its advantages. First of all, they have
plenty of lubrication. And when you're done,
there's always a towel handy."

- Bill Maher
4 answers Last reply
More about opposite powerful build

    Presto wrote:
    > I've been considering a smaller race with a trait similar in concept
    > Powerful Build, but going the other way (Slight Build?). A race
    that, while
    > officially medium, gains many of the advantages of being a small
    creature
    > (+1 to AC and AB, +4 to Hide, etc) while keeping base speed of 30 ft,
    using
    > medium weapons, and the like. Would this be enough to give a race a
    +1 LA?

    What would happen if, instead, you started with a Small creature and
    gave it Powerful Build? You lose the "officially medium" aspect of
    your concept, but otherwise it seems like a good fit. Not all Small
    creatures have 20' base speed; start yours with 30' instead.

    Just a thought.

    --Iss

    Issachar44 wrote:
    > Presto wrote:
    > > I've been considering a smaller race with a trait similar in
    concept
    > > Powerful Build, but going the other way (Slight Build?). A race
    > that, while
    > > officially medium, gains many of the advantages of being a small
    > creature
    > > (+1 to AC and AB, +4 to Hide, etc) while keeping base speed of 30
    ft,
    > using
    > > medium weapons, and the like. Would this be enough to give a race
    > +1 LA?
    >
    > What would happen if, instead, you started with a Small creature and
    > gave it Powerful Build? You lose the "officially medium" aspect of
    > your concept, but otherwise it seems like a good fit. Not all Small
    > creatures have 20' base speed; start yours with 30' instead.

    True. I personally like the idea of having a ledium race that is
    really slight and quick and functions like a small race. Cool idea.
    But I don't think that it's worth a +1 LA. Not unless you add something
    else. Maybe the hide bonuses?

    Anivair wrote:

    > Issachar44 wrote:
    > > Presto wrote:
    > > > I've been considering a smaller race with a trait similar in
    > concept
    > > > Powerful Build, but going the other way (Slight Build?). A race
    > > that, while
    > > > officially medium, gains many of the advantages of being a small
    > > creature
    > > > (+1 to AC and AB, +4 to Hide, etc) while keeping base speed of 30
    > ft,
    > > using
    > > > medium weapons, and the like. Would this be enough to give a race
    > > +1 LA?
    > >
    > > What would happen if, instead, you started with a Small creature and
    > > gave it Powerful Build? You lose the "officially medium" aspect of
    > > your concept, but otherwise it seems like a good fit. Not all Small
    > > creatures have 20' base speed; start yours with 30' instead.
    >
    > True. I personally like the idea of having a ledium race that is
    > really slight and quick and functions like a small race. Cool idea.
    > But I don't think that it's worth a +1 LA. Not unless you add something
    > else. Maybe the hide bonuses?

    What do you mean "add something else"? It would get
    everything any other Small race gets, including the
    Hide bonuses--it *is* Small, remember? You're just
    adding Powerful Build, so that the race is treated as
    Medium whenever that would be advantageous.

    Heck, YEAH, that's worth a +1 LA!

    -Bluto

    Senator Blutarsky wrote:
    > Anivair wrote:
    > >
    > > Issachar44 wrote:
    > > concept
    > > > that, while
    > > > creature
    > > ft,
    > > > using
    > > > +1 LA?
    > > >
    > > > What would happen if, instead, you started with a Small creature
    and
    > > > gave it Powerful Build? You lose the "officially medium" aspect
    of
    > > > your concept, but otherwise it seems like a good fit. Not all
    Small
    > > > creatures have 20' base speed; start yours with 30' instead.
    > >
    > > True. I personally like the idea of having a ledium race that is
    > > really slight and quick and functions like a small race. Cool
    idea.
    > > But I don't think that it's worth a +1 LA. Not unless you add
    something
    > > else. Maybe the hide bonuses?
    >
    > What do you mean "add something else"? It would get
    > everything any other Small race gets, including the
    > Hide bonuses--it *is* Small, remember? You're just
    > adding Powerful Build, so that the race is treated as
    > Medium whenever that would be advantageous.
    >
    > Heck, YEAH, that's worth a +1 LA!

    I meant adding somehting ot his origional concept (a medium race
    treated as small, not the other way around). If he goes with that idea
    (which I like better for flavor) he'd need to add more to it than just
    the AC bonuses. Like the hide bonuses and what not.

Games Build Video Games