The Opposite of Powerful Build

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 5, 2005 7:59:28 PM

I've been considering a smaller race with a trait similar in concept to
Powerful Build, but going the other way (Slight Build?). A race that, while
officially medium, gains many of the advantages of being a small creature
(+1 to AC and AB, +4 to Hide, etc) while keeping base speed of 30 ft, using
medium weapons, and the like. Would this be enough to give a race a +1 LA?

--
==========
Are you a RPG Player?

"Getting it on with a Saudi prince, it does
have its advantages. First of all, they have
plenty of lubrication. And when you're done,
there's always a towel handy."

- Bill Maher
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 7:59:29 PM

Presto wrote:
> I've been considering a smaller race with a trait similar in concept
> Powerful Build, but going the other way (Slight Build?). A race
that, while
> officially medium, gains many of the advantages of being a small
creature
> (+1 to AC and AB, +4 to Hide, etc) while keeping base speed of 30 ft,
using
> medium weapons, and the like. Would this be enough to give a race a
+1 LA?

What would happen if, instead, you started with a Small creature and
gave it Powerful Build? You lose the "officially medium" aspect of
your concept, but otherwise it seems like a good fit. Not all Small
creatures have 20' base speed; start yours with 30' instead.

Just a thought.

--Iss
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 7:59:29 PM

Issachar44 wrote:
> Presto wrote:
> > I've been considering a smaller race with a trait similar in
concept
> > Powerful Build, but going the other way (Slight Build?). A race
> that, while
> > officially medium, gains many of the advantages of being a small
> creature
> > (+1 to AC and AB, +4 to Hide, etc) while keeping base speed of 30
ft,
> using
> > medium weapons, and the like. Would this be enough to give a race
> +1 LA?
>
> What would happen if, instead, you started with a Small creature and
> gave it Powerful Build? You lose the "officially medium" aspect of
> your concept, but otherwise it seems like a good fit. Not all Small
> creatures have 20' base speed; start yours with 30' instead.

True. I personally like the idea of having a ledium race that is
really slight and quick and functions like a small race. Cool idea.
But I don't think that it's worth a +1 LA. Not unless you add something
else. Maybe the hide bonuses?
May 5, 2005 10:26:18 PM

Anivair wrote:

> Issachar44 wrote:
> > Presto wrote:
> > > I've been considering a smaller race with a trait similar in
> concept
> > > Powerful Build, but going the other way (Slight Build?). A race
> > that, while
> > > officially medium, gains many of the advantages of being a small
> > creature
> > > (+1 to AC and AB, +4 to Hide, etc) while keeping base speed of 30
> ft,
> > using
> > > medium weapons, and the like. Would this be enough to give a race
> > +1 LA?
> >
> > What would happen if, instead, you started with a Small creature and
> > gave it Powerful Build? You lose the "officially medium" aspect of
> > your concept, but otherwise it seems like a good fit. Not all Small
> > creatures have 20' base speed; start yours with 30' instead.
>
> True. I personally like the idea of having a ledium race that is
> really slight and quick and functions like a small race. Cool idea.
> But I don't think that it's worth a +1 LA. Not unless you add something
> else. Maybe the hide bonuses?

What do you mean "add something else"? It would get
everything any other Small race gets, including the
Hide bonuses--it *is* Small, remember? You're just
adding Powerful Build, so that the race is treated as
Medium whenever that would be advantageous.

Heck, YEAH, that's worth a +1 LA!

-Bluto
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 11:03:15 AM

Senator Blutarsky wrote:
> Anivair wrote:
> >
> > Issachar44 wrote:
> > concept
> > > that, while
> > > creature
> > ft,
> > > using
> > > +1 LA?
> > >
> > > What would happen if, instead, you started with a Small creature
and
> > > gave it Powerful Build? You lose the "officially medium" aspect
of
> > > your concept, but otherwise it seems like a good fit. Not all
Small
> > > creatures have 20' base speed; start yours with 30' instead.
> >
> > True. I personally like the idea of having a ledium race that is
> > really slight and quick and functions like a small race. Cool
idea.
> > But I don't think that it's worth a +1 LA. Not unless you add
something
> > else. Maybe the hide bonuses?
>
> What do you mean "add something else"? It would get
> everything any other Small race gets, including the
> Hide bonuses--it *is* Small, remember? You're just
> adding Powerful Build, so that the race is treated as
> Medium whenever that would be advantageous.
>
> Heck, YEAH, that's worth a +1 LA!

I meant adding somehting ot his origional concept (a medium race
treated as small, not the other way around). If he goes with that idea
(which I like better for flavor) he'd need to add more to it than just
the AC bonuses. Like the hide bonuses and what not.
!